fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              4       5       end
  

what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?

  
 
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


The difference in the register distance is EF=44mm and RF=20mm. So the RF-EF adapter must add 24mm length for infinity focus to work.

EBH



Jul 29, 2026 at 09:24 AM
Tom_W
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


EB-1 wrote:
The difference in the register distance is EF=44mm and RF=20mm. So the RF-EF adapter must add 24mm length for infinity focus to work.

EBH


Or, roughly 1 inch if'n you don't want to convert.






Jul 29, 2026 at 10:47 AM
Danpbphoto
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


I have not read your entire thread but I use my Canon dslrs and EF lenses 95% of my shooting to this day.

The lenses render an image file very well with all my Canon dslrs and my EF180mm Macro on my Fuji GFX100s ii is superb with Fringer adapter...
Dan





1Dx EF16-35mm f4 IS II 3 days ago







same



Edited on Jul 29, 2026 at 12:22 PM · View previous versions



Jul 29, 2026 at 11:39 AM
Milan Hutera
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #4 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


What do you mean what I did with my EF lenses - I still use them as I don't have a single RF lens


Jul 29, 2026 at 11:42 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


Tom_W wrote:
Or, roughly 1 inch if'n you don't want to convert.



I'm pretty sure that mm is the correct unit. EF/RF would not have been designed with imperial units.

EBH



Jul 29, 2026 at 11:52 AM
Sanlameer
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #6 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


I kept all my EF lenses, I only replaced the EF100-400 L with a R100-500.

All the other 7 EF lenses are working as before or better! The only down side is the EF 100-200 F4 that is restricted to 7.5 Fps.
Regards



Jul 29, 2026 at 11:58 AM
Danpbphoto
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #7 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


^^^^Ditto^^^^ I have all my EF lenses and they perform and render images extremely well even with an adapter on a mirrorless Fuji GFX body.
Dan



Jul 29, 2026 at 12:31 PM
GammyKnee
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #8 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


I've swapped and changed my lens line-up quite a bit lately but I've actually ended up with *more* EF lenses. I'm now down to just one RF lens - the very compact and very fast-focusing RF 70-200 f/2.8L. Everything else is Canon, Sigma or Tamron EF.


Jul 29, 2026 at 07:30 PM
rscheffler
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #9 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


lens_payoff_0l wrote:
I saw pictures of the adaptor - and it seems to add considerable length - unless maybe it's just my perception ?


As already mentioned, it would add about an inch when adapting EF lenses to RF mount. Similar would be true adapting those lenses to the L mount.



Jul 29, 2026 at 10:41 PM
melcat
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #10 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


Sanlameer wrote:
The only down side is the EF 100-200 F4 that is restricted to 7.5 Fps.


Canon have a list of their lenses that support high frame rate:

https://cam.start.canon/en/H001/supplement_0080.html




Jul 30, 2026 at 03:01 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

MintMar
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #11 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


GammyKnee wrote:
I've swapped and changed my lens line-up quite a bit lately but I've actually ended up with *more* EF lenses. I'm now down to just one RF lens - the very compact and very fast-focusing RF 70-200 f/2.8L. Everything else is Canon, Sigma or Tamron EF.



Hahaha, yes. RF brought EF glass prices down, so in last couple of years I am buying Ls that I could only dream of when I started with EOS 350D in 2006.

I have only one RF which has no direct or very close size/quality/weight/price equivalent in EF - the 800/11.



Jul 30, 2026 at 08:19 AM
engel001
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #12 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


One great application of select Canon EF lenses on mirrorless R is with the Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R with Drop-In Circular Polarizing Filter. At $260 I have found it quite useful paired with the EF 16-35mm f/4 L and some other EF mount lenses. It replaces the need for front-mounted polarizers which are a pain to mount and use, not to mention the need for different sizes. It is so easy to adjust the degree of polarization with the little wheel on the side of the adapter. There is a third-party Meike version as well and you can exchange the polarizer to a variable ND filter too.

Other lenses I have kept are 100mm Macro USM (pre IS) and Sigma Art primes 35mm, 50mm, 85mm. The discontinued 70mm Sigma Art macro is one of my favorite all-around lenses for hiking and landscape travel. The EF 135mm f/2 L also remains, it’s rendering is timeless.

On Nikon Z, these EF lenses perform superbly, which is another reason I have kept this selection.



Jul 30, 2026 at 07:12 PM
gipper53
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #13 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


To the OP's original question, I still have all my EF glass! I have no RF glass yet. I've recently added several EF primes (non L) as the price is so low these days, it's like "why not?"

The latest lens for my RF body is vintage Nikon 50mm f1.4. 1971-1972 time frame from what I can tell. I'm having fun with these old manual focus lenses.




Jul 30, 2026 at 09:02 PM
MintMar
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #14 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


I must admit, since RF caused EF price drop, I bought 100/2 basically just to have it (I have 85/1.8 and L)...


Jul 31, 2026 at 10:34 AM
Danpbphoto
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #15 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


EF180mm f3.5 L USM Macro...1DsMKII. While these are from 2007..I still have "that" dslr body and "thee first" FM B&S lens for me, the 180mm Macro 20+years.
Dan

















Jul 31, 2026 at 12:20 PM
ctgoldwing
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #16 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


Nice shots Dan. I had that lens and a pretty significant collection of EF L lenses. Other than the 200 1.8 that I sold a few years ago, I gave 2 of my sons who still shoot EF the entire group - plus a couple of bodies. The 400 2.8 was beast for me anyway


Jul 31, 2026 at 09:01 PM
Pixelpuffin
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #17 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


Danpbphoto wrote:
EF180mm f3.5 L USM Macro...1DsMKII. While these are from 2007..I still have "that" dslr body and "thee first" FM B&S lens for me, the 180mm Macro 20+years.
Dan


Superb

This is doing nothing to curb my lens buying! Arrgh !!
I’ve had the EF180mm in my sights for years… it’s now inevitable that I’ll be owning one quite soon.
I can only speak from my own experience and that experience with the R system is limited to the budget end RP, R100, R50 and likewise the budget lenses all the consumer RF primes (16,24,28,35,50,85) plus the budget zooms 14-30, 18-45, 55-210, 24-105 plus a few 3rd parties from Yongnuo (23/1.4, 33/1.4 & 50/1.8) and TTartisan. (25/2 & 50/2)

When I use these and then switch back to my EF system I always ALWAYS wonder why I bought into the R stuff? And yet the R stuff nails focus everytime, I can “see” the exposure in real-time. It’s lighter, more compact…etc etc

But I then pick up a dslr with EF glass and…it’s like coming home, damn it feels so good!!

It’s ridiculous. My last dslr purchase was the 60D. Already have 30,40,50,70 and 80D likewise have 7d and 7dii plus 400d and SL1 …..and I have to say I’m just smitten by the 60d
I paired it with the 70-200/4 Lis II expecting it to misfocus or deliver similar to the 50d (ugh) but it didn’t. I love the JPEG’s out of it and I paid what…. £59 !! Boxed with all its accessories and one owner from new. 🤣👍🏻
It’s currently fitted with the 24stm .. it’s become my grab cam. I know the fully charged battery is going to last for ages, I know if it rains it should be ok, I know if I bang it against a doorframe or a table it’ll be fine
In short I have trust in it. I can’t say that for my R bodies. Hell the RP has since gone (gave it anway) after I accidentally scratched the “”EXPOSED” “ sensor… what a stupid half baked idea!! Let’s expose the sensor !!!

The 60d along with my other favourite the 6D are (to me) superb. If either broke today I’d buy another within the hour - simple. I can’t say the same for any of my R stuff.




Aug 01, 2026 at 03:47 AM
tomba8tomba
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #18 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?



😂

Edited on Aug 01, 2026 at 10:45 AM · View previous versions



Aug 01, 2026 at 10:43 AM
tomba8tomba
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #19 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


Pixelpuffin wrote:
…

I can only speak from my own experience and that experience with the R system is limited to the budget end RP, R100, R50 and likewise the budget lenses all the consumer RF primes (16,24,28,35,50,85) plus the budget zooms 14-30, 18-45, 55-210, 24-105 plus a few 3rd parties from Yongnuo (23/1.4, 33/1.4 & 50/1.8) and TTartisan. (25/2 & 50/2)

When I use these and then switch back to my EF system I always ALWAYS wonder why I bought into the R stuff? …


I’d be annoyed by the bad buys rather than buying even more of them. 3 RF-bodies plus 15 RF-lenses 🙄



Aug 01, 2026 at 10:44 AM
jojib
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #20 · what did you guys do with your EF lenses ?


Last year I paid ~CAD$ 1700 to Canon Canada to repair my EF 85/1.2 LII (I was an early adopter). Now it is good as new, so I want to shoot a lot with it either with the R6MKII or the 5Ds.




























Aug 01, 2026 at 01:18 PM
1       2              4       5       end






FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              4       5       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account