fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

  

Withdrawn: $1400--Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover

  
 
iancampbell
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Withdrawn: $1400--Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover


 Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with Caps, Hood, Original packaging, and RolanPro Cover

Withdrawn


Price: $1,400.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority Shipping--Continental US


Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR Lens with caps, hood, box, CL-M5 carrying pouch/case, and Manual, plus RolanPro lens cover.

$1400–PayPal G&S–I’ll cover fees and shipping within the Continental US.

Example photos taken with this specific lens:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjCVmzC

US Copy. I’ve taken about 76,000 photos with it (primarily birds) and it is as sharp as any lens I’ve ever used (up there with my Z 105 macro and Sigma 40mm Art). AF is fast and accurate and VR works perfectly.

Except for some cosmetic wear, this lens is clean, and in very good 100% functional condition. I’ve always had the RolanPro lens cover on it, and it has done its job well–the cover is worn, but the lens itself has been well protected. I’ve always had a protective UV filter on the front as well (not included in this sale) so the front element does not have any nicks, scratches, or coating damage. The AF and VR work perfectly, as do all the switches and buttons. The lens hood is a bit stiff to get on and off but locks securely and stays in place well. Hood has a shallow scratch (about an inch long). I can see some minor wear (brassing) on the lens mount, but it mounts tightly and securely. There is also some paint loss and wear on the foot and the knob that tightens the collar.

I have been using the lens on my new Z8 via an FTZ adapter and it works great on that camera too!

I’ve recently switched to a Z 180-600, but only because I am working on a video project and I need the extra 100mm and the versatility of a zoom. Also, the AF motor on the 500 PF is hardly loud, but it makes enough noise to be picked up by an on-camera shotgun mic. The Z 180-600 is quieter. However, the 500mm PF is significantly lighter, noticeably sharper, and has better (smoother) VR in my opinion.












































Edited on Aug 02, 2026 at 07:03 AM · View previous versions



Jul 20, 2026 at 07:17 PM
anil4040
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Withdrawn: $1400--Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover


Hello. I am interested in buying. This is my first time on this site. How do we proceed?


Jul 30, 2026 at 09:57 PM
Kane Engelbert
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Withdrawn: $1400--Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover


Excellent description.


Jul 30, 2026 at 11:43 PM
iancampbell
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Withdrawn: $1400--Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover


I just sent you a PM (anil4040). As a new member you may not be able to initiate PM conversations, but you should be able to receive them. Let me know if you don't get the message.


Jul 31, 2026 at 07:57 AM







FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account