fredmiranda.com
Login

  

  Previous versions of iancampbell's message #17075450 « Withdrawn: $1400--Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover »

  

iancampbell
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
FS: Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover


Item 1: Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with Caps, Hood, Original packaging, and RolanPro Cover

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR Lens with caps, hood, box, CL-M5 carrying pouch/case, and Manual, plus RolanPro lens cover.

$1400–PayPal G&S–I’ll cover fees and shipping within the Continental US.

Example photos taken with this specific lens:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjCVmzC

US Copy. I’ve taken about 76,000 photos with it (primarily birds) and it is as sharp as any lens I’ve ever used (up there with my Z 105 macro and Sigma 40mm Art). AF is fast and accurate and VR works perfectly.

Except for some cosmetic wear, this lens is clean, and in very good 100% functional condition. I’ve always had the RolanPro lens cover on it, and it has done its job well–the cover is worn, but the lens itself has been well protected. I’ve always had a protective UV filter on the front as well (not included in this sale) so the front element does not have any nicks, scratches, or coating damage. The AF and VR work perfectly, as do all the switches and buttons. The lens hood is a bit stiff to get on and off but locks securely and stays in place well. Hood has a shallow scratch (about an inch long). I can see some minor wear (brassing) on the lens mount, but it mounts tightly and securely. There is also some paint loss and wear on the foot and the knob that tightens the collar.

I have been using the lens on my new Z8 via an FTZ adapter and it works great on that camera too!

I’ve recently switched to a Z 180-600, but only because I am working on a video project and I need the extra 100mm and the versatility of a zoom. Also, the AF motor on the 500 PF is hardly loud, but it makes enough noise to be picked up by an on-camera shotgun mic. The Z 180-600 is quieter. However, the 500mm PF is significantly lighter, noticeably sharper, and has better (smoother) VR in my opinion.




Price: $1400.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+




Jul 20, 2026 at 07:17 PM
iancampbell
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
FS: Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover


Item 1: Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with Caps, Hood, Original packaging, and RolanPro Cover

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR Lens with caps, hood, box, CL-M5 carrying pouch/case, and Manual, plus RolanPro lens cover.

$1425–PayPal G&S–I’ll cover fees and shipping within the Continental US.

Example photos taken with this specific lens:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjCVmzC

US Copy. I’ve taken about 76,000 photos with it (primarily birds) and it is as sharp as any lens I’ve ever used (up there with my Z 105 macro and Sigma 40mm Art). AF is fast and accurate and VR works perfectly.

Except for some cosmetic wear, this lens is clean, and in very good 100% functional condition. I’ve always had the RolanPro lens cover on it, and it has done its job well–the cover is worn, but the lens itself has been well protected. I’ve always had a protective UV filter on the front as well (not included in this sale) so the front element does not have any nicks, scratches, or coating damage. The AF and VR work perfectly, as do all the switches and buttons. The lens hood is a bit stiff to get on and off but locks securely and stays in place well. Hood has a shallow scratch (about an inch long). I can see some minor wear (brassing) on the lens mount, but it mounts tightly and securely. There is also some paint loss and wear on the foot and the knob that tightens the collar.

I have been using the lens on my new Z8 via an FTZ adapter and it works great on that camera too!

I’ve recently switched to a Z 180-600, but only because I am working on a video project and I need the extra 100mm and the versatility of a zoom. Also, the AF motor on the 500 PF is hardly loud, but it makes enough noise to be picked up by an on-camera shotgun mic. The Z 180-600 is quieter. However, the 500mm PF is significantly lighter, noticeably sharper, and has better (smoother) VR in my opinion.




Price: $1425.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+




Jul 20, 2026 at 07:17 PM
iancampbell
Offline
Upload & Sell: Off
FS: Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover


Item 1: Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with Caps, Hood, Original packaging, and RolanPro Cover

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR Lens with caps, hood, box, CL-M5 carrying pouch/case, and Manual, plus RolanPro lens cover.

$1450–PayPal G&S–I’ll cover fees and shipping within the Continental US.

Example photos taken with this specific lens:
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjCVmzC

US Copy. I’ve taken about 76,000 photos with it (primarily birds) and it is as sharp as any lens I’ve ever used (up there with my Z 105 macro and Sigma 40mm Art). AF is fast and accurate and VR works perfectly.

Except for some cosmetic wear, this lens is clean, and in very good 100% functional condition. I’ve always had the RolanPro lens cover on it, and it has done its job well–the cover is worn, but the lens itself has been well protected. I’ve always had a protective UV filter on the front as well (not included in this sale) so the front element does not have any nicks, scratches, or coating damage. The AF and VR work perfectly, as do all the switches and buttons. The lens hood is a bit stiff to get on and off but locks securely and stays in place well. Hood has a shallow scratch (about an inch long). I can see some minor wear (brassing) on the lens mount, but it mounts tightly and securely. There is also some paint loss and wear on the foot and the knob that tightens the collar.

I have been using the lens on my new Z8 via an FTZ adapter and it works great on that camera too!

I’ve recently switched to a Z 180-600, but only because I am working on a video project and I need the extra 100mm and the versatility of a zoom. Also, the AF motor on the 500 PF is hardly loud, but it makes enough noise to be picked up by an on-camera shotgun mic. The Z 180-600 is quieter. However, the 500mm PF is significantly lighter, noticeably sharper, and has better (smoother) VR in my opinion.




Price: $1450.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+




Jul 20, 2026 at 07:17 PM





  Previous versions of iancampbell's message #17075450 « Withdrawn: $1400--Nikon 500mm f/5.6 PF with RolanPro Cover »