Some Anna's hummingbirds from yesterday afternoon.
Incidentally, as shown by the last image, Adobe must be using the same AI as Sony - neither LightRoom nor my A7R VI could see the hummingbird in this scene...
Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna)
Canon EOS R5m2RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens500mmf/7.11/640s6400 ISO0.0 EV
Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna)
Canon EOS R5m2RF100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM lens500mmf/7.11/640s6400 ISO0.0 EV
Giant Zinnias..They are more vibrant and more petals than last years.
I have not found "the secret sauce" I desire in many of my macro images or conversions...the crisp lines, glossy finish yet retain the texture I am seeing...in a "glossy" way..
Dan
stanj wrote:
Still... to have a chance at aurora you need a really clear dark sky, even the full moon or light pollution of a city can make it very hard to see, unless it's a mega-storm like we had in January.
BEAUTIFUL Stan!!
All your posts are fantastic, varied, wonderful compositions and last but not least.....FINE PHOTOGRAPHY!
Dan
Yes, I'm not a birder but I believe it was a roadrunner that I saw with a crossbill similar to the bird in your photo. I figured it was some sort of defect.
burningheart wrote:
Very nice Dan. Which version of 100mm macro lens was that taken with? It says 100 S in the details.
Robert, you are 100% correct in what you may be seeing. For some reason my mind directed my fingers to "auto place" the EF100mmf.8 IS Macro in my post!'
Danpbphoto wrote:
Robert, you are 100% correct in what you may be seeing. For some reason my mind directed my fingers to "auto place" the EF100mmf.8 IS Macro in my post!'
I had the pleasure of being a guest of Mark Peterson, a prolific landscape photographer from Iowa, this past week at the Weir Farm National Park Service Historical Park (Wilton, CT). This was the home of Julian Alden Weir, an American painter that set the bar for the American version of "Impressionism", in the style of Renoir. BTW; this is the only NPS site to be dedicated to painting in the USA.
Mark was selected as the "Artist-in-Residence" for the month of August, and broke through the glass ceiling as the first photographer ever to be selected for that honor (hundreds had applied). While he worked with the public visitors shooting digital (brand x...Nikon... :shhh, I was slowly pulling my beach cart full of 4x5 (Zone VI) and 5x7 (Wisner) film gear, a 5Dsr body, a 24-70mm, two tripods, and two TS lenses to record what I was grabbing on film. The weather was great, the mosquitoes and ticks were not; Lyme disease area for sure...