Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Film Is Not Dead Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4              6       7       end
  

I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made

  
 
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Desmolicious wrote:
Ok, it came in. Finally. Long version and short version below..

I'l start with the short version - it's awesome just get it.

Long version - it's awesome just get it because (not in any particular order):
1. Really nicely made, black chrome finish matches perfectly to my black chrome Ms.
2. VF is very bright.
3. A fraction of the cost of a beat up Leica AUFSU
4. Built in level is perfectly implemented
5. Does NOT jut out like the AUFSU, so very comfortable to carry - does not stab you in the ribs.
6. Looks way cooler on the camera than the AUFSU

In comparison to
...Show more

A few days ago, I saw your initial post and it lingered in my mind because I loved the waist level finder on my Yashica T5 when I had it, and use the one on my T3. I looked the internet to discover the price of the Leica finder and quickly searched for an alternative, found the reflx lab one and ordered one.
I wanted to mention it here but you already bought one.
Looking at the photos I feel it was a good purchase. It is superb!




May 24, 2024 at 06:01 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


I leave it on all the time. It's really nice having the option of two VFs on the camera, and this never gets in the way. It also looks really cool, but I am not superficial like that.


May 24, 2024 at 06:08 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


M7, CV 35 1.4II, reflxlab waist level finder, Acros II

Railing fence, Marina Del Rey, CA




May 26, 2024 at 06:23 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


The purpose of this image is to show how well the level works on the reflxlab WLF. Full uncropped image as you can see from the borders.

M7, CV 35 1.4 II, Acros II



Today I experienced reflections on the reflxlab finder - it happened when the sun was literally directly overhead, with no shielding of the finder. A now you know thing.



May 26, 2024 at 06:27 PM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Continuing the pet perspective

First waist level shots in a long time using the new WLF addon. Cats weren't sure what I was doing. First is hung from my neck while sitting in a chair, and second is with the camera on the ground. D800, 35mm f1.4 ais, modified tc-16a, and WLF.

Momma cat playing with a ball






Oscar had been watching water come off the roof - then thunder







May 27, 2024 at 05:41 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


James Markus wrote:
Continuing the pet perspective

First waist level shots in a long time using the new WLF addon. Cats weren't sure what I was doing. First is hung from my neck while sitting in a chair, and second is with the camera on the ground. D800, 35mm f1.4 ais, modified tc-16a, and WLF.

Momma cat playing with a ball
http://www.photomatter.com/2024/D800_w-Nikkor_35mm-f1.4-ais_tc16a_ReflxWaistLevelFinder-8009178.jpg

Oscar had been watching water come off the roof - then thunder
http://www.photomatter.com/2024/D800_w-Nikkor_35mm-f1.4-ais_tc16a_ReflxWaistLevelFinder-8009229.jpg


Excellent! And of course this can be used on any camera w a hot/cold shoe. Iím thinking it would be amazing on my F6 or N80 as AF will take care of the focusing.



May 27, 2024 at 06:29 PM
James Markus
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


That's what the modified tc-16a was for - to AF my MF lens. It will work on any camera - even if you don't have a hot shoe. I have an old tripod mount threaded hot shoe about half an inch high. screw it into the tripod socket and flip the camera upside down. Or, just put a small square of alien tape topside and Bob's your uncle.


Desmolicious wrote:
Excellent! And of course this can be used on any camera w a hot/cold shoe. Iím thinking it would be amazing on my F6 or N80 as AF will take care of the focusing.





May 27, 2024 at 07:12 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


We need a group buy from reflxlab...


May 27, 2024 at 10:07 PM
Geoff D F
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Mine just arrived. Nicely made and a good though small view. Still not sure how much I will use it but it should be fun.


May 27, 2024 at 10:35 PM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


https://reflxlab.com/products/waist-level-viewfinder

Must have had too many returns for insufficient address:

"Please make sure your address is correct and complete upon checkout. If you live in an apartment, please provide your UNIT NUMBER. "

at top of page



May 28, 2024 at 02:31 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


NightOwl Cat wrote:
https://reflxlab.com/products/waist-level-viewfinder

Must have had too many returns for insufficient address:

"Please make sure your address is correct and complete upon checkout. If you live in an apartment, please provide your UNIT NUMBER. "

at top of page


One would think it is a given to provide your full address, but apparently not.

I'm wondering if they were scammed by people who claim they never got it?

Anyway, provide your full address! Which I assume is the normal thing to do.



May 28, 2024 at 11:17 AM
madNbad
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Are you going to keep the Leica finder or offer to trade it for a dozen P&S?


May 28, 2024 at 11:29 AM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


madNbad wrote:
Are you going to keep the Leica finder or offer to trade it for a dozen P&S?


I think I am going to sell it. It is in much better shape than any I see out there but the reflxlab version is just so nicely done. And does not stab you in the ribs. if I keep it I will forget I have it...
Speaking of, I have that Yashica TwinTec AF showing up today - with a built in WLF. Replacing my dead-ish Canon Sure Shot Ace



May 28, 2024 at 11:59 AM
NightOwl Cat
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


You would be shocked to see how many people

don't know their correct address
use their email address in place of street address...
don't know how to address an envelope or package...
move, then expect their mail to follow without doing a change of address...


Desmolicious wrote:
One would think it is a given to provide your full address, but apparently not.

I'm wondering if they were scammed by people who claim they never got it?

Anyway, provide your full address! Which I assume is the normal thing to do.





May 29, 2024 at 04:02 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Am I allowed in a Leica Store?







May 30, 2024 at 10:57 AM
madNbad
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


I found this link from an old Andrew Nemeth article about the AUFSU:

https://leica.nemeng.com/027b.php

I hope it works!



May 30, 2024 at 11:14 AM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Sonnar-7 wrote:
Am I allowed in a Leica Store?


Doesn't the ZF have a flip up rear screen?



May 30, 2024 at 11:24 AM
Sonnar-7
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Desmolicious wrote:
Doesn't the ZF have a flip up rear screen?


Itís for the uninitiated.



May 30, 2024 at 11:27 AM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


madNbad wrote:
I found this link from an old Andrew Nemeth article about the AUFSU:

https://leica.nemeng.com/027b.php

I hope it works!





That was one that I used for my research before I picked it up. I highly recommend ignoring the cross hair/circle and just using the bubble level. I have found it to be much more accurate, quicker and easier to use.



May 30, 2024 at 11:27 AM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Desmolicious wrote:
Ok, it came in. Finally. Long version and short version below..

I'l start with the short version - it's awesome just get it.

Long version - it's awesome just get it because (not in any particular order):
1. Really nicely made, black chrome finish matches perfectly to my black chrome Ms.
2. VF is very bright.
3. A fraction of the cost of a beat up Leica AUFSU
4. Built in level is perfectly implemented
5. Does NOT jut out like the AUFSU, so very comfortable to carry - does not stab you in the ribs.
6. Looks way cooler on the camera than the AUFSU

In comparison to
...Show more


I just got mine today, and it's everything you described. I really appreciate your suggestion. It's now very easy to compose from the hip!

Regarding composition, why do these waist-level viewfinders have a cross-shaped view instead of a rectangular one? At first, I thought it was for composing images in different orientations, but when using the viewfinder and framing with the part of the cross that gives a landscape orientation, the captured image includes sections of the frame in the portrait orientation as well (all the way to the very top) This is using a standard 50mm lens. Perhaps it's really made for 40mm lenses?



Jun 02, 2024 at 10:19 AM
1       2       3       4              6       7       end






FM Forums | Film Is Not Dead Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4              6       7       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.