Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Film Is Not Dead Forum | Join Upload & Sell

       2       3              6       7       end
  

I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made

  
 
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


No - not a replacement pressure plate that does not scratch film for my M6...
No - not a hardware upgrade so the M11 stops freezing.

But the glorious AUFSU waist level finder. Bright, super clear, has a circle and + so you can properly compose your shot. And it has a prism so everything shows in the correct orientation (like my $12 Canon Sureshot Ace but we won't bring that up).

It covers the 50mm focal length, but anyone who is familiar will know to compose looser or tighter depending on the lens used.

I love me some waist level finder....










May 03, 2024 at 05:59 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Desmolicious wrote:
No - not a replacement pressure plate that does not scratch film for my M6...
No - not a hardware upgrade so the M11 stops freezing.

But the glorious AUFSU waist level finder. Bright, super clear, has a circle and + so you can properly compose your shot. And it has a prism so everything shows in the correct orientation (like my $12 Canon Sureshot Ace but we won't bring that up).

It covers the 50mm focal length, but anyone who is familiar will know to compose looser or tighter depending on the lens used.

I love me some waist level finder....



Looks like a great option for zone focusing! 👍

You're making your dog jealous though.



May 03, 2024 at 06:55 PM
madNbad
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Fred Miranda wrote:
Looks like a great option for zone focusing! 👍

You're making your dog jealous though.


Huss is trying to give us a canine view of the world!



May 03, 2024 at 07:27 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Fred Miranda wrote:
Looks like a great option for zone focusing! 👍

You're making your dog jealous though.


I only use gear that Riley has approved.

I find images which are shot from a lower height just seem more intimate. It seems that you are more in the scene.



May 03, 2024 at 08:03 PM
geekcop
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


That isn't a slightly younger you on the cover of the book is it?


May 03, 2024 at 08:10 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Just added one of those hot shoe level things that I happened to have lying around




May 03, 2024 at 08:13 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


geekcop wrote:
That isn't a slightly younger you on the cover of the book is it?


You are too sweet!



May 03, 2024 at 08:13 PM
geekcop
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


So that's a hard no? Riley sure looks like he thought it was you. ;-)


May 03, 2024 at 08:20 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Desmolicious wrote:
Just added one of those hot shoe level things that I happened to have lying around

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53696034497_7aaefe1b32_c.jpg


Great idea!



May 03, 2024 at 08:55 PM
madNbad
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made




Desmolicious wrote:
Just added one of those hot shoe level things that I happened to have lying around

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53696034497_7aaefe1b32_c.jpg


Thatís a standard accessory for large format. Just remember to check it once you compose the shot.



May 03, 2024 at 09:13 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

RustyBug
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Pretty cool ...


May 03, 2024 at 09:23 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


I bought one too to try it out. Hahaha!


May 03, 2024 at 10:40 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


geekcop wrote:
So that's a hard no? Riley sure looks like he thought it was you. ;-)


I wish I had that upbringing! But I was raised in a muddy patch in an English village.



May 03, 2024 at 11:12 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Fred Miranda wrote:
I bought one too to try it out. Hahaha!




Of course I found this brand - being made new - after I ordered mine and it shipped...

https://reflxlab.com/products/waist-level-viewfinder




It looks very nice - the one big advantage of the Leica AUFSU (why does their stuff sound like Ikea named it?) is that the view is correct. This reflxlab version is reversed. I'm telling that to make myself feel better because I know I would get used to the reversed view super quick as it is just like using my Rolleiflex.

I may still get one of these...



May 03, 2024 at 11:16 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Desmolicious wrote:


Of course I found this brand - being made new - after I ordered mine and it shipped...

https://reflxlab.com/products/waist-level-viewfinder

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53697481339_6b2977de87_c.jpg

It looks very nice - the one big advantage of the Leica AUFSU (why does their stuff sound like Ikea named it?) is that the view is correct. This reflxlab version is reversed. I'm telling that to make myself feel better because I know I would get used to the reversed view super quick as it is just like using my Rolleiflex.

I may still get one of these...


Are you sure the image is reversed with the reflxlab? Perhaps I missed that info on that page. This image shows the correct image orientation:







May 03, 2024 at 11:29 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Fred Miranda wrote:
Are you sure the image is reversed with the reflxlab? Perhaps I missed that info on that page. This image shows the correct image orientation:


From their page:


Viewing Angle: equivalent to a standard lens of 50mm (left/right reversal)

So like using a Rolleiflex or other TLR camera.



May 03, 2024 at 11:36 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Desmolicious wrote:
From their page:

Viewing Angle: equivalent to a standard lens of 50mm (left/right reversal)

So like using a Rolleiflex or other TLR camera.


Got it! The "left/right reversal" means that the image you see through the viewfinder will be reversed horizontally, which can take some getting used to. They likely kept it that way to maintain its compactness.



May 03, 2024 at 11:39 PM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Fred Miranda wrote:
Got it! The "left/right reversal" means that the image you see through the viewfinder will be reversed horizontally, which can take some getting used to. They likely kept it that way to maintain its compactness.


I'm used to using TLRs so I most prob would still get this one. I like the cleaner design and built in level. But I'll first use my Leica version for a while! Seeing it is here now...



May 03, 2024 at 11:45 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Desmolicious wrote:
I'm used to using TLRs so I most prob would still get this one. I like the cleaner design and built in level. But I'll first use my Leica version for a while! Seeing it is here now...


Although a rare accessory, I hope you didn't pay a lot for the Leica AUFSU.



May 04, 2024 at 09:59 AM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · I just bought the greatest Leica accessory ever made


Fred Miranda wrote:
Although a rare accessory, I hope you didn't pay a lot for the Leica AUFSU.


I think I got a good deal seeing that it is in great shape with no paint loss, no glass damage and it came with the original leather case.
What is crazy is Leica actually made a bubble level to slide in where I put my cheapy. Because of its rarity, that bubble is like $1k! Then again people are asking $5000 for that OEM lens hood for 50 1.2!

$5000 Leica lens hood



May 04, 2024 at 11:41 AM
       2       3              6       7       end






FM Forums | Film Is Not Dead Forum | Join Upload & Sell

       2       3              6       7       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password



This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.