New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1              3              11       12       end

Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

LBJ2 wrote:
The SL3 will be mine... as I really enjoy this system, and no I would not miss the DFD EVF wobble ! To me the head line feature of the SL3 is the sensor. I want to feed my SL APO primes with as many MPs as possible..."Yeah Baby!"

Did you notice that the reviewer still mentions EVF wobble and a drop in resolution in AF-C with the SL3? Hopefully, it's significantly less intrusive compared to the SL2.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1849250/0#16491923

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:14 PM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Love how they implemented the new icons with the >press and hold to change< like the buttons and dials.

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:15 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Have they fixed the issues w the Q3 and M11 yet, or just rolling out another model that I'm sure this time is perfect?

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:17 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Desmolicious wrote:
Have they fixed the issues w the Q3 and M11 yet, or just rolling out another model that I'm sure this time is perfect?

I've never had an issue with the SL or SL2 in terms of freezing or defects. I'm crossing my fingers it continues this way with the new camera.

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:19 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

I "lust" after a LEICA! B&W or color. This may make me dig into my "cookie jar" and get it. Is there an all around lens someone here might suggest? Someone that has used the lens with another Leica body.
Thanks!
Dan

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:19 PM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Danpbphoto wrote:
I "lust" after a LEICA! B&W or color. This may make me dig into my "cookie jar" and get it. Is there an all around lens someone here might suggest? Someone that has used the lens with another Leica body.
Thanks!
Dan

SL 35 APO or SL 50 Summilux would be my 2 "must have's" depending on which FL you prefer..

Edited on Mar 07, 2024 at 12:22 PM · View previous versions

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:21 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Fred Miranda wrote:
Did you notice that the reviewer still mentions EVF wobble and a drop in resolution in AF-C with the SL3? Hopefully, it's significantly less intrusive compared to the SL2.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1849250/0#16491923

I missed that. But am trying to review it again. Did you remember where in the video?

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:22 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Matt Kerby wrote:
SL 35 APO or SL 50 Summilux would be my 2 "must have's" depending on which FL you prefer..

Thank you Matt! I am a Full frame body person and I like "more power@pixels" and the LEICA just presents such a superior image!
Thank you!
Dan

Edited on Mar 07, 2024 at 12:25 PM · View previous versions

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:24 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

The price isn't too high in the Leica world. It's on par with a Sony A1, even though it lacks a stacked sensor, and the EVF isn't as high resolution. That's something the SL3 could have done better. It would be fantastic if it came with the latest 9.44 million-dot OLED viewfinder.

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:24 PM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

LBJ2 wrote:
I missed that. But am trying to review it again. Did you remember where in the video?

@11:45-ish

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

LBJ2 wrote:

Starts around here:

https://youtu.be/sEflObry7hU?si=gZcEvi_BsA9Y02VU&t=702

He hopes that a firmware update might solve the issue, but to me, what he describes seems very similar to the SL2 when it comes to tracking. However, it's possible that the negative impact is significantly minimized in the SL3.

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:26 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Well if I get a tax refund I know where it will be going!
Sorry Canon!

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:29 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Fred Miranda wrote:
The price isn't too high in the Leica world. It's on par with a Sony A1, even though it lacks a stacked sensor, and the EVF isn't as high resolution. That's something the SL3 could have done better. It would be fantastic if it came with the latest 9.44 million-dot OLED viewfinder.

How much better is that 9.44 finder in real life? The 5.7 one seemed pretty fantastic to me, so I'm wondering if it is a case of diminishing returns?

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:33 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Matt Kerby wrote:

Their 75mm and 90mm lenses are also excellent. I haven't had the opportunity to test the new 21mm lens yet, but judging from the quality of their other SL APO lenses, I'm confident I wouldn't be disappointed.

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:34 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Desmolicious wrote:
How much better is that 9.44 finder in real life? The 5.7 one seemed pretty fantastic to me, so I'm wondering if it is a case of diminishing returns?

Of course, as humans, we're never fully satisfied!

Don't get me wrong, even though my X-Pro3 doesn't have a full-frame sensor and only a 3.7MP finder, it still gets the job done.

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:37 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Leica SL3 released videos:

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:40 PM
Matt Kerby
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Desmolicious wrote:

Also the way they place them protruding out, make the 5.7's really nice to look through. So, yes, nice but if the Res drops while in continuous focus then, not so nice. So, maybe 9.4 would be noticeably better in real life?

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:46 PM
sjberg444
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

I know itís picking a nit but I really dislike what the flippy screen does to the silhouette.

Mar 07, 2024 at 12:46 PM
liggy
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

Fred Miranda wrote:
I believe the SL line truly shines when paired with their SL APO lenses. It's a distinct combination of autofocus and image quality. I also love the SL 50/1.4 Lux which is not APO but has extremely great axial CA correction for a fast lens.

Luckily for me I live near enough to a Leica Boutique to give that combo a try. I have zero experience with the range so it should be fun.

I do love how the saxophonist in the Chris and Jordan video was playing something you don't see very often - a saxophone made in Germany.

Mar 07, 2024 at 01:00 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Official: Leica SL3 Released!

There is also a new SL3 grip for those thinking the SL3 is just too small now.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1814860-REG/leica_16058_hg_scl7_multifunctional_handgrip_for.html

Mar 07, 2024 at 01:11 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.