Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5              28       29       end

Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

tmoseley1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

If you’re looking for “discrete”, I guess black would cover it.

Feb 20, 2024 at 03:16 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

tmoseley1 wrote:
How easy do the black or silver finishes scratch? Not sure which to get.

I haven't bashed mine around at all, but my X100V (silver) still looks essentially pristine. It's not my daily camera, but I've used it a fair bit and taken it on several trips.

Feb 20, 2024 at 03:55 PM
axsnyder

p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Pre-ordered at 2:00 AM from B&H in black. I grabbed a Peak Designs Field Pouch to throw it in with a Godox TT350 for a little more light.

I picked up the GFX 100S about two years ago and have barely touched my Canons. The struggle has been 3 young children. I love chasing them around the house with the GFX, but I do not like taking it out of the house. Wanting something to fill that "pocketable" space, I bounced around between ideas for the past year. 40 MP and IBIS and 35mm f2 made this the one!

Feb 20, 2024 at 03:57 PM
treacle
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I think black cameras scuff worse than the silver ones. I ordered the silver mostly because I had the OG X100 which was originally available only in silver.

tmoseley1 wrote:
How easy do the black or silver finishes scratch? Not sure which to get.

Feb 20, 2024 at 04:17 PM
mak543
• •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I pre-ordered two. IBIS and XT5 like AF are enough improvements for me to pull the trigger. Now I have a week (hopefully) to decide which color to keep/cancel.

Feb 20, 2024 at 04:22 PM
CKrueger
• • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Agreed.

Speaking of which, not having 65:24 as an aspect ratio makes me…. I’ll admit it—it makes me angry.

OVF frame lines for 65:24 would make me so happy, and I don’t mind 20mpix output with this camera for the resulting pre-cropped RAW files.

I have a GFX50R in no small part due to the ease of visualizing 65:24 in the viewfinder, and how compact the camera is. An “Xpan 100VI” would be a dream!

JadedWriter wrote:
Jonas Rask could walk down the street drunk wearing nothing but a bathrobe and carrying an Xpan and create gold.

Feb 20, 2024 at 04:30 PM
Joseph Marney
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

CKrueger wrote:
I defensively pre-ordered.

Love the term, and same. Figured I have some time to cancel once the gimme gimme cools down. Everything with the camera looks great. I just wish there were an EVF only option for a couple hundred bucks cheaper...

No problem ordering a black unit at 10:25 Pacific, but it sounds like yall might have already snatched up the first load within 15 minutes.

Feb 20, 2024 at 05:22 PM
olegkin
• •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

RustyRus wrote:
-

Keep telling yourself no one wants video-

4 stop ND and IBIS with 4k 60p ummmmm- Yes please - Oh and Built in Legit Film Sims?

Fuji knocked this one out of the park-

All my cameras for more than a decade have a video functionality. It adds menu items, buttons, holes in camera, etc. I used it exactly zero times. If they make a variant of camera without a video, I will seriously consider it. Ooh wait, I got one a few years ago - Mamiya C330! No video, no problem

Feb 20, 2024 at 05:29 PM
treacle
• • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I can't see how cases and plates would work since they moved the tripod mount hole. I know the Fuji website says so and I don't know how this case attaches to the camera a though.

RoamingScott wrote:
Interesting that all previous accessories are compatible down to the Fuji leather case. And of course it uses the old battery, but with more shots per charge. No big surprises so far.

Feb 20, 2024 at 05:37 PM
Nick Dakota
• • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I'm curious as to what would've made it a non-marginal update? I mean it got a bigger sensor, stabilization, better processor, improved auto focus, improved battery life. An actual viable option for video with decent specs now. All while keeping all the things unique about the X 100 series.

tzhang4284 wrote:
I thought this was a pretty marginal upgrade and there are even some downgrades (e.g. 4k video quality) but I thought it was worth pre-ordering after using the X100V on and off and selling mine a couple of months ago.

I've tried all the different large sensor fixed compact cameras on the market and I still think the X100 series is the best balance between size, image quality, and capabilities. Leica Q3 and Ricoh GR III are close but have their own issues. I also think the 40mp sensor on the XT-5 delivers better output than the 26 mp sensor on
...Show more

Feb 20, 2024 at 05:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

anselwannab
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Outside of wearing out an X100 pretty fast, they never have been huge jumps between generations. But this VI versus my T? You are talking almost 3xMPs, a tilt screen, a better lens, lower noise. A V was almost enough to get me to jump, but being out of stock all the time was a killer.

In that way, even if the VI were just a V that is made in China and theoretically is actually available, that would be a win.

Feb 20, 2024 at 07:26 PM
patotts
• • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Who am I kidding? I'll get one and take it on an upcoming trip to Paris and see how it handles. My wife hates when I carry a camera, so perhaps this one will go over a bit better than my regular a7RV rig.

Feb 20, 2024 at 07:37 PM
CKrueger
• • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I was pretty late with mine, too. I forgot the date was coming, to be honest. It’ll probably cost me a million both or two on delivery time, I imagine.

I’d sell my X100V now, but I need to know if they screwed up the Custom Settings before I decide between V and VI.

Joseph Marney wrote:
Love the term, and same. Figured I have some time to cancel once the gimme gimme cools down. Everything with the camera looks great. I just wish there were an EVF only option for a couple hundred bucks cheaper...

No problem ordering a black unit at 10:25 Pacific, but it sounds like yall might have already snatched up the first load within 15 minutes.

Feb 20, 2024 at 07:43 PM
BPsmith511
• • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I'm laughing at all the people disappointed saying a marginal update, bad idea etc. It's not ground breaking but it is a solid update. People complained about the X100V when it came out and then turned around and wound up loving it. Same with the X100F and "only" 24mp etc etc.

I'm not sure if the "tiktok" hype as people like to call it will continue, but I'm sure this is going to be much loved like any other X100 baring any unforeseen build quality issues with the new factory.

Feb 20, 2024 at 09:01 PM
Geoff D F
• • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

BPsmith511 wrote:
I'm laughing at all the people disappointed saying a marginal update, bad idea etc. It's not ground breaking but it is a solid update. People complained about the X100V when it came out and then turned around and wound up loving it. Same with the X100F and "only" 24mp etc etc.

I'm not sure if the "tiktok" hype as people like to call it will continue, but I'm sure this is going to be much loved like any other X100 baring any unforeseen build quality issues with the new factory.

Agree. It's a highly refined product these days and I struggle to see what improvements Fuji could really make in the next iteration.

Feb 20, 2024 at 09:08 PM
matthewm
• • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

RustyRus wrote:
So you want Fuji- who has stated over and over they are not entering the FF market and abadndon the design to its most popular camera line that is known for its haptics, small form factor and RF/film like shooting experience.

To create a FF camera, with a massive 1.4 lens so it can be a revolutionary step? I already own this camera and it has a red badge and a 1.7 lens attached to it.

Also that your best guess is no one wants this to be able to perform as a hybrid camera?

Not agreeing with you logic here
...Show more

Yes. I want Fuji to create a large sensor compact camera. I love Fuji's colors. I love Fuji's UI/UX. I love Fuji's optical qualities. They seem to do a good job of balancing vintage-inspired tactile controls and more modern button/touch screen-controlled functionality. I'd love to see them give us a full-frame experience. Will they ever do it? Doubtful. Doesn't mean I can't want for it given how much I love all of the other aspects of the X100-series cameras (I've owned most of them).

I'm assuming you're referring to the Leica Q-Series with the red badge. I've definitely considered the Q myself, but I prefer Fuji's colors and UI/UX over that of the Leica Q (maybe the Q3 has gotten better, but the Q2 I rented didn't really give me colors I loved, although, admittedly, I only had it for about 5 days).

I understand an f/1.4 lens would be larger. And I understand a full frame or GFX sensor would make the camera larger. I get all of that. I'm just speaking in terms of what I'd like to see Fuji focus on. I'm not saying what I want is what everyone else wants. I'm just bouncing ideas around and saying that FOR ME, the X100VI feels lackluster. But so does the iPhone 15 Pro versus my iPhone 14 Pro. And so does my M2 MacBook Pro that my work issued me versus my 'old' M1 MacBook Pro. And so does my 2023 Subaru WRX Technology Package versus my 2017 Subaru Outback Technology Package.

I think technology has reached a place where we're not seeing the massive revolutionary changes from model-to-model, and in that way, the X100VI feels like a minor update and, for me, I'd like to see Fuji push the X100-Series just a little bit more, even at the risk of a little larger footprint.

Again, all my opinion and what I'd want in a camera. For others, the X100VI is absolute perfection. A good friend of mine preordered one and I'm excited to see it and compare it to my X100V. Maybe it'll wow me in person and I can get on a waitlist and get one before I retire in 30 years. Assuming the TikTok crowd doesn't love it as much as the V.

Feb 20, 2024 at 09:19 PM
Geoff D F
• • •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I really don't get all this lusting after FF cameras and I say that as a person that owns one. The image quality differences really only appear at print sizes or display sizes no one ever uses, or at ISO 6400 or above where in most cases you are probably not going to make a good image anyway. If you can't take a great image with a current APS-C or M4/3 camera, FF is not going to help.

Feb 20, 2024 at 09:45 PM
matthewm
• • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Geoff D F wrote:
I really don't get all this lusting after FF cameras and I say that as a person that owns one. The image quality differences really only appear at print sizes or display sizes no one ever uses, or at ISO 6400 or above where in most cases you are probably not going to make a good image anyway. If you can't take a great image with a current APS-C or M4/3 camera, FF is not going to help.

For me it’s more about subject isolation at larger apertures. Which is probably not how these cameras are used 99% of the time, but a fast aperture 35 on a FF sensor has a look that I rather enjoy. The 23/2 on the X100V gets close enough, I suppose, but I always loved the look I got out of my Sony RX1R (except for the colors, which were awful) and my M9 and 35/2 or 35/1.4 (better colors, but, y’know, old sensor tech isn’t particularly forgiving, haha).

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:24 PM
RomanMF
• •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

matthewm wrote:
For me it’s more about subject isolation at larger apertures. Which is probably not how these cameras are used 99% of the time, but a fast aperture 35 on a FF sensor has a look that I rather enjoy. The 23/2 on the X100V gets close enough, I suppose, but I always loved the look I got out of my Sony RX1R (except for the colors, which were awful) and my M9 and 35/2 or 35/1.4 (better colors, but, y’know, old sensor tech isn’t particularly forgiving, haha).

This is the thing that historically held me back from getting one, but I think I may say F it now 🤣 The A7CR is my only alternative since Sony let the RX1R die and it doesn't excite me like this. Maybe that has to do with size or film sims, IDK.

My lady has the ancient X100S and I found it to be a neat ass camera. I didn't even mind the nervous bokeh!

I'm giving myself till pay day on Friday to make a decision 😅

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:46 PM
bobby350z
• • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Yes. I want Fuji to create a large sensor compact camera.

Stick 45mm f2.8 on GFX100s and you got a big daddy. Size, weight isn't bad at all. Don't like slow f2.8 (approx f2 FF) then you choices either longer GF lens like the 55mm f1.7 or Tamron 45mm f1.8 with an adapter. I am hoping Fuji releases 45mm f1.7 GF some day. I don't think about FF anymore.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:50 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.