Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1              3              27       28       end

Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

dranakin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I don’t need this, I don’t need this…

Feb 20, 2024 at 05:58 AM
nhsonyshooter
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Still available on Best Buy. They usually only allow Pre-order for what they have or will have. Will be my first X100 camera.

Feb 20, 2024 at 06:31 AM
adnan76
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

speedmaster20d wrote:
really like the experience of the XT cameras for everyday use. will pick one of these up. wish Sony had a RX1 updated camera like this with all the modern goodies.

Yeah - I think that has to be the best digital camera line that was ever left abandoned. I *love* the Leica Q's, but the RX1 line was also full frame, way smaller, and a 35mm lens instead of 28mm. Hope they bring back a v3 some day.

Feb 20, 2024 at 07:06 AM
Valvicphoto
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I had an original X100 and loved it. Sold it because it just didn't get enough use compared to my other gear. I was eyeing up a used X100V for a long time when they announced the X100VI. Just put in my pre-order at B&H. Hopefully it's here before my tip to Tuscany in May !

Feb 20, 2024 at 07:27 AM
saxguy
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

nhsonyshooter wrote:
Still available on Best Buy. They usually only allow Pre-order for what they have or will have. Will be my first X100 camera.

Picked one up from Best Buy as well. Says it will be delivered next Wednesday.

First X100 camera as well. Sold my Q3 last week to help fund the SL3 (look how well that went) and I'm looking for something small to carry all the time.

Feb 20, 2024 at 08:00 AM
RobDMB
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Has anyone seen if this went live at Amazon (USA)? Doesn't seem to be now but not sure if that means it sold out already. Thanks.

Feb 20, 2024 at 08:22 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

treacle wrote:
Adorama had it up about 2 minutes before B&H but I use the payboo card at B&H and save the sales tax.
I received my order confirmation at 1:03. Silver!

Camera Canada had their pre-order page up a couple of hours before B&H did. For once, Canada wasn't last!

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:15 AM
highdesertmesa
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm calling it the X-100 "V-One"

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:26 AM
BokehBeauty
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

highdesertmesa wrote:

That’s the best name so far. „6“ is a no-go.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:33 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

highdesertmesa wrote:

Don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm calling it the X-100 "Five-Eye"

(Yes, a little international relations joke…)

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jman13
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I caved super fast after reading one review describing the IBIS effectiveness, so I'll upgrade from my X100V, as I've long said the only thing that could make the X100V essentially a perfect camera is in-body stabilization. Placed a pre-order with my local shop. Hopefully I'm not too far down the list, as I know I would be at B&H and Adorama.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:42 AM
steve916

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Lots of x100v's will be available at a lower price...

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:05 AM
CKrueger
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I defensively pre-ordered, and I am happy to see improved AF and especially IBIS.

The thing that I want to find out is, do the Custom Settings work like the XT4, XPro3, X100V, and 50R and older, where only your “image look settings” such as film sim, white balance, grain, and such are “stored” in the custom setting?

Or does it work like the XT5, XS10, 100S, and newer, where EVERYTHING is stored in the custom setting, including ISO, aperture, EC, focus mode settings, and almost everything else?

The older method let me use Custom Settings for certain image looks, while the new method is only useful if you want to set up some EXACT shot, like your macro flash settings or standard studio settings. Essentially useless.

I find the old method makes Fuji cameras a joy to shoot SOOC, with “recipes”. The new method means I’m constantly cranking on settings, so I just shoot my Zf or 50R instead. I already sold my XT5’s and most of my Fuji X gear due to this change, and I’d prefer the 100V over the X100VI if this new method afflicts the VI as well.

My 2024 photo project is “SOOC”, so this difference is pretty important to me. I just don’t know how I’m going to find the answer without getting the camera in my hands.

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:30 AM
mdude85
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

steve916 wrote:
Lots of x100v's will be available at a lower price...

I think a lot of people would rather spend $1200 on a used X100V than $1700 (incl. tax) on a slightly upgraded model.

But yeah the X100V likely won't be selling for $1800 anymore, as long as the X100VI is readily available (and the X100V is out of production).

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:34 AM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

That’s a great question and one I’d forgotten about since I haven’t bothered with newer Fujis.

Your concern about Aperture and ISO however might be a bit moot depending on how you use the dials.

CKrueger wrote:
I defensively pre-ordered, and I am happy to see improved AF and especially IBIS.

The thing that I want to find out is, do the Custom Settings work like the XT4, XPro3, X100V, and 50R and older, where only your “image look settings” such as film sim, white balance, grain, and such are “stored” in the custom setting?

Or does it work like the XT5, XS10, 100S, and newer, where EVERYTHING is stored in the custom setting, including ISO, aperture, EC, focus mode settings, and almost everything else?

The older method let me use Custom Settings for certain image looks, while the new
...Show more

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:38 AM
Anthony-123

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

I pre-ordered the X100V when it was announced and still hold it to be one of the best cameras I've ever owned. Having watched the announcement and some reviews, I'm sticking with it.

I'm really happy that Fuji, for the most part, stuck with what works and kept this a photographer's camera. The upgrades to the sensor and processor were inevitable while they maintained a reasonable, still coat-pocketable, chassis. Not surprisingly, I've already read some critiques about the lens, the battery, the ISO performance, and more.

Mostly though, regarding critiques, it seems that "people" are pre-judging and poo-pooing this camera because it's the update to an already-too-popular-on-social-media camera. It's a little sad that popularity can potentially hinder someone's enjoyment. It's like that band you've followed since they played in front of 50 people starts filling arenas. You don't want to be perceived as someone jumping on the band wagon and you maybe fear losing that intimacy; especially when we're talking about a gadget that's designed to not draw attention to itself.

I just really wish Fuji would do some software updates to permit better recipe management.
Also, X100 Monochrome, pleeease.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:23 PM
DJT2020

p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

After trying to buy a X100V for a very long time, and only seeing used ones selling for more than new, I pre ordered the VI just now.

ETA: I ordered the silver one!

Edited on Feb 20, 2024 at 01:25 PM · View previous versions

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:41 PM
matthewm
• • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Meh... I find this release to be a little bit lackluster. I've shot Fuji for a long time, and this is another example of them squeezing in a bunch of video specs to tick boxes for mouth-breathing reviewers, instead of focusing that attention on their actual end-user, which, for the X100-series, is primarily photographers, not videographers.

I'd much rather see Fuji stop their pandering to tech giants and use that R&D time to develop a full frame sensor, better manual focus experience, or a faster lens for the X100-series. Video is a nice plus, but for those that value the X100-series for photography, I think there are better 'features' to include.

IBIS is fine, but that's about the only notable improvement over the X100V. The extra megapixels are useful for some folks, I guess, but the existing sensor in the X100V is still a very, very good sensor.

Kind of a ho-hum evolutionary update. Not the revolutionary update we saw 4 years ago with the X100F-to-X100V upgrade.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:52 PM
inkinutz
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

Same here. I've always been intrigued by the X100 form factor. Wanted to get the V, but the ridiculous prices on the 2nd hand market turned me away. I generally buy most of my gear used, expect for rare occasions like this.

I guess I got lucky with B&H. Started hitting refresh a bit past 9:59 PM and was checked out by 10:00:50 PM PST.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:55 PM
RoamingScott
• • • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Pre-order the Fujifilm X100VI camera now available!

If you want to read some of the most asinine, bitter takes by randos, open the Instagram thread app today. It’s like the VI shot their dog. Pathetic stuff.

Anthony-123 wrote:
I pre-ordered the X100V when it was announced and still hold it to be one of the best cameras I've ever owned. Having watched the announcement and some reviews, I'm sticking with it.

I'm really happy that Fuji, for the most part, stuck with what works and kept this a photographer's camera. The upgrades to the sensor and processor were inevitable while they maintained a reasonable, still coat-pocketable, chassis. Not surprisingly, I've already read some critiques about the lens, the battery, the ISO performance, and more.

Mostly though, regarding critiques, it seems that "people" are pre-judging and poo-pooing this camera
...Show more

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:55 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.