Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2              end

Godox AD100 Pro + Profoto Clic Magnum: An ultralight setup that can...

hiepphotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Godox AD100 Pro + Profoto Clic Magnum: An ultralight setup that can...

Finally, I got the AD-S2 reflector for the AD200 bare bulb. Here is a summary of measurements I have done and gathered from different sources that were in line with my own. Just so it's easy for everyone to understand, I picked the AD200 bare fresnel as the base line and everything else would compare in terms of stops of light. All measurements were only done for the center brightness, so ignoring the light spread/pattern. The spread difference between the AD100 and AD200 is minimal.

AD200 Bare Fresnel: 0
AD200 Bare Bulb + AD-S2 (no diffuser): -0.1
AD100 + Clic Magnum: -0.5
AD200 Round Head + Clic Magnum: -0.7 (Godox FB group user)
AD600 Pro + stock reflector: -0.8 (Rob Hall)
AD100 Pro + SMDV Flip Beauty 20 (No deflector): -1
AD200 Bare Bulb + AD-S2 + 2-layer diffuser: -1.1 (Strobist)
AD100 Pro @ 85mm: -1.1
AD400 Pro + stock reflector: -1.2 (Rob Hall)
AD200 Round Head + Clic Fresnel: -1.3 (Godox FB group user)
Profoto B10X/B10: -1.3 (Mike Anthony YT)
AD100 Pro + SMDV Flip Beauty 20 with deflector: -1.5
AD300 Pro + stock reflector: -1.6
AD100 Pro @ 28mm: -1.7 (Rob Hall and Markus Pix)
AD200 Round Head: -1.9 (Rob Hall)
Elinchrom 3 Bare: -2.8 (John Gress)

Apr 11, 2024 at 01:09 AM
bobby350z
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Godox AD100 Pro + Profoto Clic Magnum: An ultralight setup that can...

aCuria wrote:
With AD100s you have to use smaller modifiers and put them closer to the subject, as well as use ND filters instead of HSS.

Mind sharing some shots.

Apr 18, 2024 at 08:55 PM
aCuria
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Godox AD100 Pro + Profoto Clic Magnum: An ultralight setup that can...

bobby350z wrote:
Mind sharing some shots.

PMed you.

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jlafferty
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Godox AD100 Pro + Profoto Clic Magnum: An ultralight setup that can...

Ah, so the bare bulb + s2 no diffusion is only 1/10th off the fresnel. Iíll go back to that. The fresnelís light is pretty garish.

It would obviously be instructive to see these all on a face to truly get a sense of what weíre talking about.

Apr 21, 2024 at 02:36 PM
Tim Kamppinen
• •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Godox AD100 Pro + Profoto Clic Magnum: An ultralight setup that can...

hiepphotog wrote:
Finally, I got the AD-S2 reflector for the AD200 bare bulb. Here is a summary of measurements I have done and gathered from different sources that were in line with my own. Just so it's easy for everyone to understand, I picked the AD200 bare fresnel as the base line and everything else would compare in terms of stops of light. All measurements were only done for the center brightness, so ignoring the light spread/pattern. The spread difference between the AD100 and AD200 is minimal.

AD200 Bare Fresnel: 0
AD200 Bare Bulb + AD-S2 (no diffuser): -0.1
AD100 + Clic Magnum: -0.5
AD200 Round
...Show more

Am I reading this correctly that the AD100 in the 20" SMDV beauty dish with no reflector metered 1/10 stop higher than the bare AD100 zoomed to 85mm? I guess that must be without the front diffusion panel then? I'm curious how much light you get out of it shooting without the deflector, but with the front diffusion panel. I love the SMDV boxes but they are double diffused and it might be worth it to have this one if I can get an extra stop or more out of it when needed.

Jun 10, 2024 at 03:47 PM
hiepphotog
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Godox AD100 Pro + Profoto Clic Magnum: An ultralight setup that can...

Tim Kamppinen wrote:
Am I reading this correctly that the AD100 in the 20" SMDV beauty dish with no reflector metered 1/10 stop higher than the bare AD100 zoomed to 85mm? I guess that must be without the front diffusion panel then? I'm curious how much light you get out of it shooting without the deflector, but with the front diffusion panel. I love the SMDV boxes but they are double diffused and it might be worth it to have this one if I can get an extra stop or more out of it when needed.

Yup, without the deflector and front diffusion panel. I'll test the loss with the diffusion panel this weekend, though I suspect it should be around 1-stop. There are two new lines of SMDV Flip. The Flip G is with the handle and double non-removable diffusion built-in and the Flip Pro is with a more efficient silver surface with removable diffusion panels. Their Flip Beauty is like the smaller Flip Pro with the additional deflector

Jun 10, 2024 at 11:10 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.