New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6              end

Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X-mount Review

sdent64

Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X-mount Review

i don't see the 1.4 samples, but either way, I've been carrying my 1.4 for edc and it's just too big for me right now. the 18 f2 is about max size for carrying everywhere for me. or the x100vi. but i prefer 18mm. just want something a bit better than the fuji 18 f2. maybe that doesn't exist yet .

Apr 29, 2024 at 10:36 AM
olegkin
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X-mount Review

sdent64 wrote:
i don't see the 1.4 samples, but either way, I've been carrying my 1.4 for edc and it's just too big for me right now. the 18 f2 is about max size for carrying everywhere for me. or the x100vi. but i prefer 18mm. just want something a bit better than the fuji 18 f2. maybe that doesn't exist yet .

I don't know your circumstances so it might not apply to you, but I solved the issue with size by getting a slightly bigger edc bag.

Apr 29, 2024 at 12:11 PM
sdent64

Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X-mount Review

olegkin wrote:
I don't know your circumstances so it might not apply to you, but I solved the issue with size by getting a slightly bigger edc bag.

Ha. don't get me going on my bag journey. i've settled on two bags after years of trial. a bellroy 10l sling and an arktype dashpack. both are great for different things, but they ideally fit a slim camera like the x100vi/xt30+18f2. also, i'd prefer the least weight as well. When i have the sling equipped with just camera gear going to an event or something I always take my fast primes. but for edc i want to keep it super simple with an 18mm or an 18+35 1.4. small, light, good fl balance...

I can do the 18 1.4 in the dashpack, but not the sling with my edc gear. but it is noticeably heavier and thicker. i also honestly enjoy the 18 f2 and 35 1.4 in terms of handling too. there's just something so amazing feeling about those lenses/body ratio when holding and shooting. the 1.4 isn't far off, but man i love my 35 1.4 handling.

Apr 30, 2024 at 11:20 PM
rbf_
• • •
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X-mount Review

Picked up one of these and my first impressions are very positive. I like the focal length and have the both the 18/2 and 18/1.4 and feel the corners are a lot more acceptable than the 18/2 for shots where that matters(although not it's strength the 18/1.4 is really the choice there). The sunstars will be fun to have as well as I haven't been using lenses that do that easily so that will be interesting to explore. Built quality is great. I'm still playing with it and have yet to explore it's close focusing and rendering but I think it will supplant my 18/2 as the choice for a compact 18.

May 11, 2024 at 10:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X-mount Review

rbf_ wrote:
Picked up one of these and my first impressions are very positive. I like the focal length and have the both the 18/2 and 18/1.4 and feel the corners are a lot more acceptable than the 18/2 for shots where that matters(although not it's strength the 18/1.4 is really the choice there). The sunstars will be fun to have as well as I haven't been using lenses that do that easily so that will be interesting to explore. Built quality is great. I'm still playing with it and have yet to explore it's close focusing and rendering but I think
...Show more

I ended up buying one and can't take it off my X-Pro3. It's a versatile "28mm" pancake lens that never disappoints.

May 18, 2024 at 11:57 PM
rbf_
• • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X-mount Review

Fred Miranda wrote:
I ended up buying one and can't take it off my X-Pro3. It's a versatile "28mm" pancake lens that never disappoints.

Yeah the focal length makes for a nice walk around lens. I like that they did a slightly different max aperture from the Fuji versions with the 18 and 27 pancakes. That and the sunstars makes it easier to justify keeping both versions

May 19, 2024 at 10:53 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 Color-Skopar X-mount Review

Here is the link to download the 3D adapter STL file that allows a B+W UV glass to be inserted inside the ultra-compact hood. This works for the Voigtlander 18mm f/2.8 and 27mm f/2 Ultron lenses:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1813648/6#16567204

Lens with built-in UV filter (inside the hood)

Jun 08, 2024 at 01:57 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.