fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       31              end
  

Archive 2023 · Curious about Film

  
 
OffTrail
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.32 #1 · Curious about Film


Tina Kino wrote:
I once cut my thumb open really bad on the sharp edge of the canister while "peeling" it open, blood all over the film, been using an opener ever since 😅

The steel reels are easier to get the first few centimeters in, but I've always found the white plastic Jobo ones the easiest for "transporting" the whole roll in (need to keep them nice and clean though).


I've done the same thing! The roll developed fine, but I did make a mental note to slow down just a bit Knock on wood, haven't done it since.



Dec 19, 2024 at 05:29 PM
madNbad
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.32 #2 · Curious about Film


I use a pop up Photoflex Changing Room. I store a leader retriever, a cassette opener and a safety scissors in it. When it's time to develop a roll, pop up the Photoflex, unzip the access flap, put the tank and reels in the bag and get the leader retriever. Retrieve the leader, trim it and put the film in the bag. Once the bag is all zipped, reach in and use the opener tool, remove the film from the cassette. I use Hewes stainless steel reels. They have two tabs to catch the first sprocket holes on the film. Load the reel, load the tank. Wander off to the kitchen to develop the film.
I used to skip opening the cassette but was concerned enough about the possibility of scratching the film with a second trip through the light trap, I felt it was worth the extra step. The Photoflex provides plenty of room and unlike a changing bag, plenty of air flow so your hands don't get sweaty. I got it from a member on a different forum in 2018 and it's one of the best pieces of photo gear I ever bought.



Dec 19, 2024 at 06:07 PM
Tina Kino
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.32 #3 · Curious about Film


madNbad wrote:
I use a pop up Photoflex Changing Room.


..just googled these, and gotta say I was a bit disappointed - as in my mind I was picturing something like a booth that one can actually walk / stand in 😀

Still pretty cool I guess, especially for larger format stuff, frankly I wouldn't rush to buy one as for me / for 35mm the bags work just fine. Actually I remember the days doing this stuff inside a zipped up down jacket under a double layer of blankets in the evening 😅



Dec 20, 2024 at 02:26 AM
Desmolicious
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.32 #4 · Curious about Film


Tina Kino wrote:
..just googled these, and gotta say I was a bit disappointed - as in my mind I was picturing something like a booth that one can actually walk / stand in 😀

Still pretty cool I guess, especially for larger format stuff, frankly I wouldn't rush to buy one as for me / for 35mm the bags work just fine. Actually I remember the days doing this stuff inside a zipped up down jacket under a double layer of blankets in the evening 😅


Then this is for you:

Walk in darkroom



Dec 20, 2024 at 02:33 PM
Tina Kino
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.32 #5 · Curious about Film


Desmolicious wrote:
Walk in darkroom


Awesome! 😀



Dec 20, 2024 at 02:43 PM
1       2       3       …       31              end




FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       31              end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account