New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              10              12       end

New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

thrice
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.11 #1 · p.11 #1 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

That's awesome news. If the lenses succeed then they might do a version 2 with fixed haptics.

dieterson wrote:
Thypoch wrote on their instagram account that they offer versions of the 28+35 Simera for the X-, Z-, RF-, E-mount on the 14th of May!

May 07, 2024 at 03:54 PM
jeffersoncasey
• •
p.11 #2 · p.11 #2 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

Anyone have problem with the lens focus accuracy, or they just work out of the box? I got the 28mm, the rendering is gorgeous, so as the color, but I also just got a used m9 body to go with it and focus seems off only at longer distance like 10m to infinity. I suspect it the RF need calibration (vertical is off too) but I feel like I can sometimes nail focus, sometimes not, whenever it's not, it's back focusing.

UPDATE: went to Leica service center and the focus is dead on with the M11 demo body, so off the m9 for calibration.

Edited on May 14, 2024 at 10:13 PM · View previous versions

May 14, 2024 at 03:48 AM
wolfloid
• • •
p.11 #3 · p.11 #3 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

If the lenses succeed then they might do a version 2 with fixed haptics.

Yes, get rid of the stupid focus lock, and for M, shift the focus ring further forward (didnít they notice that?).

May 14, 2024 at 04:01 AM
wolfloid
• • •
p.11 #4 · p.11 #4 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

The size for the Sony E mount, announced today is:

70.3 mm / 2.77''
(Without lens hoods)
83.9 mm / 3.3''
(With lens hoods)

344g.

https://thypoch.com/ A very unstable website!

May 14, 2024 at 08:02 AM
jeffersoncasey
• •
p.11 #5 · p.11 #5 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

A few quick shot with M9 and the 28mm. I'm blown away! I always wanted something that renders like the 35mm Summicron ASPH (V1) but in 28mm and in 1.4. This is it! And shooting at 1.4 in low light make a world of differences!

If you love the 35mm summicron asph, the 28mm instantly feels like home, at least to me. Now I just need to fix the RF calibration...

May 14, 2024 at 08:32 AM
wolfloid
• • •
p.11 #6 · p.11 #6 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

What do you mean: renders like the 35 Summicron asph V1? Why would that be so special, or your benchmark?

May 14, 2024 at 09:01 AM
jeffersoncasey
• •
p.11 #7 · p.11 #7 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

wolfloid wrote:
What do you mean: renders like the 35 Summicron asph V1? Why would that be so special, or your benchmark?

Why would it need to be special? I love the 35 cron, and I'm happy to find a 28/1.4 that gives similar vibe. No more than that. Wide open at 1.4 this 28mm give slightly less sharp and some smoothness to the rendering to take out the rather clean and clinical feel of many modern lenses. But at the same time it also behaves very well, say the bokeh is more consistent throughout the frame just like the 35mm cron asph. Not too punchy, not too clean not too quirky. Some might think the 35 cron asph as a boring lens, and some love it just because it behaves well.

May 14, 2024 at 09:08 AM
jeffersoncasey
• •
p.11 #8 · p.11 #8 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

https://www.diyphotography.net/the-leica-like-thypoch-simera-lenses-are-now-available-for-the-z-e-x-rf-mounts/

New pictures for other camera system. No more 0.7m bump, and no more infinity lock.

May 15, 2024 at 06:06 AM
BastianK
• • •
p.11 #9 · p.11 #9 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

I got confirmation from the manufacturer today: the optics are the same as the M-mount version.
No adjustments have been made to account for the thicker filter stack of the other camera systems.

So personally, I would probably stick to the M versions and add a TTA 6-bit adapter to get some exif data.

May 16, 2024 at 12:43 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.11 #10 · p.11 #10 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

BastianK wrote:
I got confirmation from the manufacturer today: the optics are the same as the M-mount version.
No adjustments have been made to account for the thicker filter stack of the other camera systems.

So personally, I would probably stick to the M versions and add a TTA 6-bit adapter to get some exif data.

That's really unfortunate for users of the non-M systems.

Hopefully the improvement (no infinity lock) makes its way to version 2.

May 16, 2024 at 10:13 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BastianK
• • •
p.11 #11 · p.11 #11 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

thrice wrote:

They now asked me not to share this information anymore and now claim other systems "have been considered during development so the lenses are optimized for every system" .

To me personally, this sounds like some potential buyers complained after reading the information I provided and they are now simply trying to withhold that information. But hey, maybe I am wrong.

May 16, 2024 at 11:07 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.11 #12 · p.11 #12 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

BastianK wrote:
They now asked me not to share this information anymore and now claim other systems "have been considered during development so the lenses are optimized for every system" .

To me personally, this sounds like some potential buyers complained after reading the information I provided and they are now simply trying to withhold that information. But hey, maybe I am wrong.

Thanks for being so transparent, Bastian!

May 16, 2024 at 11:14 PM
thrice
• • • •
p.11 #13 · p.11 #13 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

BastianK wrote:

Some companies just love to double-down on deception.
Thank you for sharing your insights, your review is the only reason I considered their 28mm lens at all.

May 16, 2024 at 11:26 PM
jeffersoncasey
• •
p.11 #14 · p.11 #14 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

thrice wrote:

Not sure why the complaints, I find it totally natural to use, in fact just a little different than how I'll place my finger with conventional tab. I place my index finger so that whenever I move the nib the lock remain pressed down (like you pull a gun trigger, but vertically), and finger is in front of the nib instead of under it. No problem fine tuning around infinity mark, and remained one finger operation. This is perhaps more of a problem for older lens where the focus throw is longer, but on this Thypoch it's similar to modern Leica's. And...lock is necessary when I mount or unmounted the lens.

If anything, the 0.7m detent is way stronger than I like (though very useful as I'm using M9), it'll snap into place when going near it like a magnet, and it takes some effort to pull/push away from it. Maybe that's because my lens is still new but that's about the only thing I didn't really like but able to live with.

EDIT: Typo

Edited on May 17, 2024 at 05:28 AM · View previous versions

May 17, 2024 at 02:31 AM
thrice
• • • •
p.11 #15 · p.11 #15 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

jeffersoncasey wrote:
Not sure why the complaints, I find it totally natural to use, in fact just a little different than how I'll place my thumb with conventional tab. I place my index finger so that whenever I move the nib the lock remain pressed down (like you pull a gun trigger, but vertically), and finger is in front of the nib instead of under it. No problem fine tuning around infinity mark, and remained one finger operation. This is perhaps more of a problem for older lens where the focus throw is longer, but on this Thypoch it's similar to modern
...Show more

Hey, that's interesting and good to know. Perhaps at some stage I will still look at the Thypoch.

May 17, 2024 at 02:43 AM
wolfloid
• • •
p.11 #16 · p.11 #16 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

I got confirmation from the manufacturer today: the optics are the same as the M-mount version. No adjustments have been made to account for the thicker filter stack of the other camera systems.

Very interesting and quite troubling that they now want to hide that information. That encourages little trust.

It doesnít surprise me at all, given the extra length of the non-M-mount versions over the M mount lenses. They seem to have simply moved the lens further away from the sensors in the hope that they will work. Personally, I see it as a lost opportunity to establish themselves as a quality lens maker - all gone up in smoke, for what? To save some time and money on necessary re-engineering of very good M lenses for optimal use on other mounts. Stupid!.

If you look at Voigtlander M and E mount versions of the same lens, the non-M-mount lenses are longer and wider, but not to the same degree. The Typoch E mount lens is simply too long to even come into consideration for me. Voigtlander nowadays spends time, money and effort on optimising lenses for a new mount, which is why I will be waiting for their E mount version of their 28mm f1.5 lens in the confidence that it will be better both ergonomically and optically.

May 17, 2024 at 03:47 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.11 #17 · p.11 #17 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

Does anyone else find it funny the mirrorless mounts get a focus tab? "We know you don't have the problem the focus tab was meant to solve (keeping your fingers from appearing in the VF or fouling the RF window), but we gave you one anyway. And it's in a nicely awkward place."

May 18, 2024 at 06:59 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.11 #18 · p.11 #18 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

wolfloid wrote:
Voigtlander nowadays spends time, money and effort on optimising lenses for a new mount, which is why I will be waiting for their E mount version of their 28mm f1.5 lens in the confidence that it will be better both ergonomically and optically.

But how confident are you that will ever happen?

May 18, 2024 at 07:06 AM
serhan_
• • •
p.11 #19 · p.11 #19 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

28mm 1.4 with regular A7C+techart adapter

28mm 1.4 with Kolari Mod A7C+techart adapter

May 18, 2024 at 10:39 PM
jeffersoncasey
• •
p.11 #20 · p.11 #20 · New M-Mount 28/1.4 and 35/1.4 from Thypoch

serhan_ wrote:

28mm 1.4 with regular A7C+techart adapter

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/37/578237/1/174561774.OemELWHD.wDSC00540i.jpg

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/37/578237/1/174561770.R4AmpJmo.wDSC00533i.jpg

28mm 1.4 with Kolari Mod A7C+techart adapter

https://a4.pbase.com/o12/37/578237/1/174561781.P4hlpsvF.wDSC00051i.jpg

Color and texture looked fantastic on stock Sony sensor, and I'm already miss shooting on mine badly as my M9 being sent to RF adjustments.

May 19, 2024 at 04:57 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.