Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
  

Winter raptors

  
 
OSP2017
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Winter raptors


Congratulations to OSP2017 for winning Feature Thread of the Week with 20 votes - View Previous Winners


All owls and harriers were photographed this winter in Ontario and Québec. I guess I've perfected the skill of not freezing to death while waiting for them to do something fun...

Thanks for looking!

Vladimir




1






2






3






4






5






6






7






8






9






10






11






12



Edited on Feb 18, 2022 at 11:02 PM · View previous versions



Feb 18, 2022 at 04:09 PM
OSP2017
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Winter raptors


And a dozen more...




13






14






15






16






17






18






19






20






21






22






23






24




Feb 18, 2022 at 04:24 PM
johnohio
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Winter raptors


Impressive set. Congrats on a well done series.

John



Feb 18, 2022 at 04:29 PM
samsdad
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Winter raptors


Beautiful images.

Except for the ones at dinner time!

Ugh.

Rich



Feb 18, 2022 at 04:33 PM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Winter raptors


This is a gorgeous collection Vladimir. I know that cold wait well and it gets a lot colder up there

Morris



Feb 18, 2022 at 05:18 PM
kdacharya
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Winter raptors


Vladimir, these are incredible. loved many of them. voted for sure.


Feb 18, 2022 at 06:42 PM
AGeoJO
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Winter raptors


Very impressive set, to say the least, Vladimir! Some look so intense and up close!

Joshua



Feb 18, 2022 at 06:58 PM
OSP2017
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Winter raptors


johnohio wrote:
Impressive set. Congrats on a well done series.

John


Thank you very much, John!


---------------------------------------------

samsdad wrote:
Beautiful images.

Except for the ones at dinner time!

Ugh.

Rich


Thank you, Rich, and sorry about that!

By the way, #2 looks all nice and innocent but if you look closely you'll see the tail of the vole that it's about to devour...



Feb 18, 2022 at 10:35 PM
birdied
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Winter raptors


What an amazing collection !!! Very nicely done. Glad you did not freeze as we would not be enjoying these beautiful shots.

Birdie



Feb 18, 2022 at 10:40 PM
Ronny Olsson
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Winter raptors


Awesome sets !

Ronny



Feb 18, 2022 at 11:55 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

RichP42
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Winter raptors


Fantastic shots Vladamir!

Richard



Feb 19, 2022 at 08:33 AM
Karl Witt
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Winter raptors


Really envious of all your owl and other raptor subjects you have access to Vlaldimir My gosh these are wonderful. You really did a nice job on the compositions as well as the handling the various lighting or lack of it situations. Many favorites from this set, awesome!

Karl



Feb 19, 2022 at 09:00 AM
JavierWP
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Winter raptors


Wowwww beautiful shots


Feb 19, 2022 at 09:52 AM
OSP2017
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Winter raptors


morris wrote:
This is a gorgeous collection Vladimir. I know that cold wait well and it gets a lot colder up there

Morris


Thank you very much, Morris! GGO is the worst. I spent three days there in brutal cold and only got my shots at dusk on the third day when it finally decided to hunt with some light left. As usual, it flew in the wrong direction every time so no in-flight shots from this trip.

---------------------------------------------

kdacharya wrote:
Vladimir, these are incredible. loved many of them. voted for sure.


Thank you so much, KD, and highly appreciate the vote!!

---------------------------------------------

AGeoJO wrote:
Very impressive set, to say the least, Vladimir! Some look so intense and up close!

Joshua


Thank you very much, Joshua! I did shoot with a 600mm but these guys didn't seem to mind me being there. Especially with saw-whets, they are always napping in a tree and you can be right next to them - they don't care.

---------------------------------------------

birdied wrote:
What an amazing collection !!! Very nicely done. Glad you did not freeze as we would not be enjoying these beautiful shots.

Birdie


Thank you so much, Birdie! Perhaps I should write up a will saying that if I do freeze, the shots are to be posted on FM...




Feb 19, 2022 at 10:22 AM
morris
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Winter raptors


OSP2017 wrote:
Thank you very much, Morris! GGO is the worst. I spent three days there in brutal cold and only got my shots at dusk on the third day when it finally decided to hunt with some light left. As usual, it flew in the wrong direction every time so no in-flight shots from this trip.

---------------------------------------------



I like to set up with the wind to my back as they tend to launch into the wind and frequently fly in that direction

Morris



Feb 19, 2022 at 10:51 AM
George Welch
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Winter raptors


An amazing set of superb images, Vladimir.

Cheers

George



Feb 19, 2022 at 10:58 AM
149113
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Winter raptors


These are terrific. Very high quality images


Feb 19, 2022 at 11:34 AM
OSP2017
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Winter raptors


Ronny Olsson wrote:
Awesome sets !

Ronny


Thank you, Ronny!!

---------------------------------------------

RichP42 wrote:
Fantastic shots Vladamir!

Richard


Thank you very much, Richard! Looking forward to seeing your recent work!

---------------------------------------------

Karl Witt wrote:
Really envious of all your owl and other raptor subjects you have access to Vlaldimir My gosh these are wonderful. You really did a nice job on the compositions as well as the handling the various lighting or lack of it situations. Many favorites from this set, awesome!

Karl


Thank you so much for your kind words, Karl! Plenty of driving this winter but it was all worth it!




Feb 19, 2022 at 05:08 PM
Dave_E
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Winter raptors


Very beautiful Vlad you have some great shots. I am very envious of your Great Grey shots. I was hoping to see one this winter but no luck. Your very right about the having the correct cold weather gear sitting in the cold waiting.

Dave

Edited on Mar 25, 2022 at 05:07 PM · View previous versions



Feb 19, 2022 at 06:43 PM
kmunroe
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Winter raptors


very nice indeed Vladimir


Feb 19, 2022 at 07:33 PM
1
       2       3       end






FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password