FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7              end

New Leica M10-R Black Paint

lifeandmylens
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
Update: I received my M10-R today, and Leica has successfully addressed all the problems I had with the camera. As no physical components were mentioned as replaced, it appears that the issue was related to the camera's software or firmware.

That's great, and quick!

Oct 31, 2023 at 01:06 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

lifeandmylens wrote:
That's great, and quick!

There was a repair item called "Adjust mask / frame selector". This could be what caused the lens detector issue. Although the frame selector seemed to be working fine before I sent the camera in.

Oct 31, 2023 at 05:01 PM
lifeandmylens
• • •
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

I missed my m10-r black paint so I purchased another one, and a MP black paint to match. Sold my m10-p and m7. All on the boards here. What a great place!

Nov 16, 2023 at 05:00 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Restoring the M10-R or any other black paint from light scratches: https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1841177

Feb 06, 2024 at 11:22 AM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

lifeandmylens wrote:
I missed my m10-r black paint so I purchased another one, and a MP black paint to match. Sold my m10-p and m7. All on the boards here. What a great place!

You
Sold
Your
M7?

dead to me.

Feb 06, 2024 at 11:32 AM
lifeandmylens
• • •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Desmolicious wrote:
You
Sold
Your
M7?

dead to me.

That was months ago! If it was black paint I would’ve kept it. On the other hand the m10-r in black paint I’ve only used to test lenses. Film is just more fun. The MP .58 in BP is probably the only Leica I need but we'll see!

Feb 06, 2024 at 11:53 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

lifeandmylens wrote:

That was months ago! If it was black paint I would’ve kept it. On the other hand the m10-r in black paint I’ve only used to test lenses. Film is just more fun. The MP .58 in BP is probably the only Leica I need but we'll see!

The MP is superb but I prefer the uncluttered viewfinder experience of the M2, even though the patch is not as crispy.

Feb 06, 2024 at 05:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
The MP is superb but I prefer the uncluttered viewfinder experience of the M2, even though the patch is not as crispy.

DAG will mask off the frame lines you don't want to see. Did it w mine.

Feb 06, 2024 at 06:08 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Desmolicious wrote:
DAG will mask off the frame lines you don't want to see. Did it w mine.

Yep, I thought about sending my MP to DAG for this modification, but since I do shoot with the 75/135 focal lengths, I put this off. If I'm not shooting with these focal lengths and want a simpler finder, I just grab the M2.

Feb 14, 2024 at 05:21 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.8 #10 · p.8 #10 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
Yep, I thought about sending my MP to DAG for this modification, but since I do shoot with the 75/135 focal lengths, I put this off. If I'm not shooting with these focal lengths and want a simpler finder, I just grab the M2.

The 75mm focal length always was weird to me. Too close to 50, I much prefer 90. Which is why I had the 75 masked off, especially because it reduces VF clutter.

Feb 15, 2024 at 12:40 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.8 #11 · p.8 #11 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Desmolicious wrote:
The 75mm focal length always was weird to me. Too close to 50, I much prefer 90. Which is why I had the 75 masked off, especially because it reduces VF clutter.

The dotted frameline is definitely distracting and takes some getting used to, but when using a 75mm lens, it's incredibly valuable!

Feb 15, 2024 at 01:11 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.8 #12 · p.8 #12 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Desmolicious wrote:

I started using the 75 mm frame lines after getting the CV 75/1.5 lens. Originally I also thought it is kind of a weird focal length to use between 50 and 90 mm, but now I can see why: it is IMO a great mix of short tele with telephotography background blur. Turns out I have used it more often than 50 mm lenses in recent past. Before I often used the combination of 3 lenses with my Leica M - 28 (or 35)/50/90 mm was common. Now I often just venture out with two lenses: 28 and 75 mm.

I admit that the frame lines 50/75 are very close. Several times I used the 50 mm frame lines to frame with the 75 mm lens since I am much more used to the 50 mm frame lines. I cut off some parts of the image I otherwise would have preferred to have.

Feb 15, 2024 at 10:31 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.8 #13 · p.8 #13 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Could someone confirm if the Leica M-D (Typ 262) black paint has the same glossy finish as the M10-R Black paint? I'm aware that the M-D is finished in black paint, but it appears slightly more matte to me.

May 05, 2024 at 11:54 AM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.