New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6              8       end

New Leica M10-R Black Paint

j.liam
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · p.7 #1 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Interesting observations about the M10R vs M11 renderings. Curious, how does the M10R compare in colour profile to the standard M10? Have been shooting an M10P 'Kermit' for a few years and really don't find it wanting though I've ever shot an M9 comparison.

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:36 PM
mahimihi

[X]
p.7 #2 · p.7 #2 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

@j.liam

Hope this helps

Sep 29, 2023 at 06:27 AM
j.liam
• • • •
p.7 #3 · p.7 #3 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

^^^Fascinating^^^

The M9 really is really Kodachrome-like, so much more saturated.

Sep 29, 2023 at 08:01 AM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #4 · p.7 #4 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

That's a really interesting chart. How was the data for it generated? Take all of the cameras and shoot the same things and compare?

Sep 29, 2023 at 12:46 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.7 #5 · p.7 #5 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

weezintrumpete wrote:
That's a really interesting chart. How was the data for it generated? Take all of the cameras and shoot the same things and compare?

The color chart posted above was created by Thorsten Overgaard. *Scroll down this very long page to about 50%:

https://www.overgaard.dk/leica-M11-digital-rangefinder-camera-page-2.html

"Comparison of the color charts

I also did a color MacBeth test of the different sensors using available light outdoor. It can be an interesting chart to read for myself to understand how the Leica M11 sees the colors."

*"Here is a comparison of the Leica M9, Leica M10-P, Leica M10-R and Leica M11 which shows four generations of sensor over a span of 13 years. © Thorsten Overgaard."

Sep 29, 2023 at 01:00 PM
weezintrumpete
• • • •
p.7 #6 · p.7 #6 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Ahh, really interesting. So he took photos of a color chart with each of the cameras and then produced that graphic. Makes sense, thanks.

Sep 29, 2023 at 01:24 PM
j.liam
• • • •
p.7 #7 · p.7 #7 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Startlingly different results....have to grudgingly admit I like the M9's colors. It would explain the devotion of so many shooters to the that sensor 14 years on. Given the choice between the other 3 options, still prefer the M10P.

Sep 29, 2023 at 01:26 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #8 · p.7 #8 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Edward Teller wrote:
Congrats, Fred. I lusted for one when it was introduced, got the silver M10-R instead, which is great. But, the BP remains moí bettah!

I think the silver finishes on the M10-R and M11 cameras are really nice. They have a timeless, classic appearance. The M10-R Silver was no longer being made some time ago, and it seems that the M11 might also be discontinued, at least in Japan.

https://leicarumors.com/2023/10/09/silver-leica-m11-camera-listed-as-discontinued-in-japan.aspx/

Oct 10, 2023 at 10:58 AM
rji2goleez
• • • • • •
p.7 #9 · p.7 #9 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
We should start our own dedicated Leica forum! :-0

Most certainly but we also need a film forum!!! Please . . .

Oct 10, 2023 at 12:19 PM
goodbokeh
• • •
p.7 #10 · p.7 #10 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Yes, I enjoy and use my M10-R Silver a bit more because of the color. It gets a more friendly reaction in Europe than my black models, which I appreciate. It's also given me great service and enjoyment.

If the M11 Silver is really discontinued some speculate the M11-P is right around the corner. If that is the case I sincerely hope it straightens things out with the M11's QC.

Oct 10, 2023 at 12:22 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #11 · p.7 #11 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

rji2goleez wrote:
Most certainly but we also need a film forum!!! Please . . .

It's something I'm considering, but I'm not certain about how much activity it might have.

Oct 19, 2023 at 10:08 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #12 · p.7 #12 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

So, my recently acquired M10-R BP was not recognizing automatically a couple of my 6-bit Leica lenses. I sent it to Leica in New Jersey, and within just 2 weeks, I was told the repair has been completed and the camera was shipped back to me. I'm hopeful that it's all sorted now!

Oct 26, 2023 at 04:49 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #13 · p.7 #13 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Here's another story to tell. I bought this camera from the buy and sell board without a receipt. I wasn't sure if Leica would make me pay for the repair, but I was thrilled to learn that the repair was done for free since it was still under warranty. They also inspected and fine-tuned a few things:

- We make test pictures to check quality
- Adjust mask / frame selector
- Check, adjust, clean

Oct 27, 2023 at 09:33 AM
Stephen G
• • •
p.7 #14 · p.7 #14 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

That's good news, the ambiguity of service on a secondhand body has caused me to hold on snapping up an M11.

I've never had to send in a secondhand body for service and question if they'd be as helpful with a full body swap or loaner etc on a secondhand body especially without receipt.

Oct 27, 2023 at 11:10 AM
j.liam
• • • •
p.7 #15 · p.7 #15 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

With all the bad press over the past few years about Leica NJ, seems they are going out of their way to fix that image.

Oct 27, 2023 at 12:35 PM
lifeandmylens
• • •
p.7 #16 · p.7 #16 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
Here's another story to tell. I bought this camera from the buy and sell board without a receipt. I wasn't sure if Leica would make me pay for the repair, but I was thrilled to learn that the repair was done for free. They also inspected and fine-tuned a few things:

- We make test pictures to check quality
- Adjust mask / frame selector
- Check, adjust, clean

Thatís great! Was it a hardware or software issue with the SR?

Oct 27, 2023 at 03:34 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #17 · p.7 #17 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

j.liam wrote:
With all the bad press over the past few years about Leica NJ, seems they are going out of their way to fix that image.

I've had experiences with Leica service before, and apart from the time it took for repairs, my overall experience has been positive because the repair team consistently does a good job. However, this time, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly they completed the service. I got my Leica 28/2 Cron back in about a week and the M10-R BP in just 2 weeks. This was the fastest turnaround I've ever seen. They also kept me well-informed throughout the process, from the moment they accepted the service request to tracking the shipment's delivery. It seems they might be working on improving this aspect of their service.

Oct 27, 2023 at 03:59 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #18 · p.7 #18 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

lifeandmylens wrote:
Thatís great! Was it a hardware or software issue with the SR?

Hi Shawn,
There was nothing wrong with my Leica 35/1.4 Lux SR. I just shipped it with the M10-R body in order for the repair team to confirm the issue.
Actually, I received the lens back the same week. Just to be thorough, I tested the lens on my Leica M10M, and it was automatically recognized without any problems. The issue was always with the camera, but I'm still not sure if it was related to firmware or hardware.

Oct 27, 2023 at 04:05 PM
lifeandmylens
• • •
p.7 #19 · p.7 #19 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
Hi Shawn,
There was nothing wrong with my Leica 35/1.4 Lux SR. I just shipped it with the M10-R body in order for the repair team to confirm the issue.
Actually, I received the lens back the same week. Just to be thorough, I tested the lens on my Leica M10M, and it was automatically recognized without any problems. The issue was always with the camera, but I'm still not sure if it was related to firmware or hardware.

Yes I meant the camera not reading it. There is no software in the SR

That's great either way that they fixed it and serviced it all for free!

Oct 27, 2023 at 04:47 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.7 #20 · p.7 #20 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

lifeandmylens wrote:
Yes I meant the camera not reading it. There is no software in the SR

That's great either way that they fixed it and serviced it all for free!

Update: I received my M10-R today, and Leica has successfully addressed all the problems I had with the camera. As no physical components were mentioned as replaced, it appears that the issue was related to the camera's software or firmware.

Oct 31, 2023 at 01:02 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.