• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
From Nokishita:

Product image of Leica "M10-R Black Paint".#噂
https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1407317736938639363

Pricing not officially released.

Beautiful camera. But what is the significance to "black paint" compared to the regular black M10-R ?

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:00 PM
d.s.
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

I guess they thought M10-RP sounded funny.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:08 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

LBJ2 wrote:
Beautiful camera. But what is the significance to "black paint" compared to the regular black M10-R ?

As far as I can tell, it received the "P" goodies such as a Leica engraving on top and the front black screw in place of the red dot. The black paint on brass is also a more classic look. It's enamel paint which wears faster than the chrome versions, for that patine look when the underneath brass is exposed.

Looks like a cosmetic change only, so no improvements in hardware or software. Some shooters don't like either the engraving or the red dot.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:08 PM
SlowDriver
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Not in the market for one but looks really nice...

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:26 PM
jeffersoncasey
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

LBJ2 wrote:

It "brass" nicely as they did in M9/M9P and M240/M240P/MD262, and many of their film cameras. I personally don't find brassing desirable as they are literally scratches or blemishes to me. But it it's a well used and brassed at a great price, I wouldn't mind.

The feeling of handling a black painted M is pretty different than chrome - more grippy, less metallic look to them, and looked nicer in person.

Funnily, Fred beat LUF forum to start a thread! Also can't imagine how much premium we need to pay over the regular version...

Jun 22, 2021 at 01:44 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

jeffersoncasey wrote:
It "brass" nicely as they did in M9/M9P and M240/M240P/MD262, and many of their film cameras. I personally don't find brassing desirable as they are literally scratches or blemishes to me. But it it's a well used and brassed at a great price, I wouldn't mind.

The feeling of handling a black painted M is pretty different than chrome - more grippy, less metallic look to them, and looked nicer in person.

Funnily, Fred beat LUF forum to start a thread! Also can't imagine how much premium we need to pay over the regular version...

Black Paint...So this is what causes the brass'ing I've read about. Got it. Thank you.

Edited on Jun 22, 2021 at 02:26 PM · View previous versions

Jun 22, 2021 at 02:03 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

jeffersoncasey wrote:

Yes, the paint it shinier compared to the M10-P or R which is matte/chrome. The M10-R "black paint" seems similar to the M240 and M9 black paint models.

Jun 22, 2021 at 02:34 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

jeffersoncasey wrote:

We should start our own dedicated Leica forum! :-0

Jun 22, 2021 at 02:37 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

I'm hooked on the Silver Chrome personally. But I also like the all black M10-M, maybe because it's a B&W camera only and all black makes sense to me for the -M. Ha Ha

Jun 22, 2021 at 03:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

apatel
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
We should start our own dedicated Leica forum! :-0

Fred - yes we should!! I have been on since 2003 when I was only a Canon user - but with time I matured (as did bank account allowing me to venture into Leica land. Its 20th year of your forum - I say its time for a Leica forum.

Jun 22, 2021 at 03:21 PM
SlowDriver
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

jeffersoncasey wrote:
The regular R already in $9k territory and 1.2k premium over the M10P. A 10% premium over the regular R would be a nice 5 figures there...

The body/lens combination in the pictures is probably in the $18-20K range...

Jun 22, 2021 at 03:25 PM
apatel
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

According to Leicarumors

"The Leica M10-R Black Paint limited edition camera will be announced on June 24 0 it will be a limited edition of 2,000 pieces worldwide and it will be priced at 8,390 (around $10,000)."

Jun 22, 2021 at 03:29 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

SlowDriver wrote:
The body/lens combination in the pictures is probably in the $18-20K range...

You know the drill. If you want to play you have to pay!

Jun 22, 2021 at 04:15 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

I dunno. I have a black paint M-P (film) and black chrome other Ms. I much prefer the black chrome look - less shiny, tougher more business like appeal.
The BP is deliberately designed to wear easily revealing brass. Which is cool if that's your bag.

Jun 22, 2021 at 06:52 PM
ftllens
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

The Leica section should be right between Sony and Fuji since half the guys from both sections shoot Leica lol

Also, these [more] nuanced colorways are more pronounced in person, so I'm always curious to see what they look like in the wild.

Jun 22, 2021 at 07:39 PM
jonlee

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Looks like it's going to be a gorgeous camera. Everyone was asking for a "P" version for the M10-R, and looks like they've heard our cries.

Jun 23, 2021 at 01:39 AM
andrewd01
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Beautiful. The best design yet for a digital M. I will definitely buy one if my Euromillions numbers come up.

Jun 23, 2021 at 04:17 AM
retrofocus
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

I will take simply any M10-R if the price is right for me - no matter if black, chrome, or anthrazite.... I don't think the black-paint one is for me due to the hefty surcharge. It's for enthusiasts and collectors. Nevertheless, it has a nice look, agreed!

Jun 23, 2021 at 06:12 AM
derKoekje
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New Leica M10-R Black Paint

Fred Miranda wrote:
As far as I can tell, it received the "P" skin with the Leica engraving on top and the front black screw in place of the red dot. The black paint on brass is also a more classic look.
Looks like a cosmetic change only. Some shooters don't like either the engraving or the red dot.

Nothing a black sharpie can't fix.

Jun 23, 2021 at 07:42 AM
       2       3              7       8       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              7       8       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.