Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              40      
41
       42              105       106       end
  

Archive 2017 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

  
 
PrecisionPhoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #1 · p.41 #1 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/big-comparison-sony-a7r-iii-vs-5d-mark-iv-vs-nikon-d850-vs-fuji-gfx/
What's with the dot matrix in the 850 & A7RIII?







Oct 28, 2017 at 07:02 AM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #2 · p.41 #2 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


If this is the new way to lens and camera test than Iím retiring. Folks ignore this stupidity. First off there JPEGs with totally different processing parameters each company applies different sharpening thatís a given. None of these cameras are the same. There handheld, there not using the best glass of each company and who knows about focusing . A dozen donuts says there using AF.BTW there also all different mpx cams too.

Iím on a roll this morning watch out reviewers. Lol



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:12 AM
PrecisionPhoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #3 · p.41 #3 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


That dot matrix really drove me nuts


Oct 28, 2017 at 07:17 AM
Steve Spencer
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #4 · p.41 #4 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


GMPhotography wrote:
If this is the new way to lens and camera test than Iím retiring. Folks ignore this stupidity. First off there JPEGs with totally different processing parameters each company applies different sharpening thatís a given. None of these cameras are the same. There handheld, there not using the best glass of each company and who knows about focusing . A dozen donuts says there using AF.BTW there also all different mpx cams too.

Iím on a roll this morning watch out reviewers. Lol


Thanks Guy I had similar thoughts and deleted my post. I might add it really looks like the Canon and Fuji are not focussed as well. A pretty awful test.



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:17 AM
Steve Spencer
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #5 · p.41 #5 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


PrecisionPhoto wrote:
That dot matrix really drove me nuts


Yeah, it looks awful and it was odd they didn't even mention it. I suspect it has something to do with the jpeg compression.



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:18 AM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #6 · p.41 #6 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


Iím here to speak the truth even if it does make some mad at me. Iím brutally honest to a fault sometimes. But I know we have many new shooters here and I want them to understand this is NOT how you test or even judge this stuff. This is obviously a blogger click bait

All four of these are great cams and can produce outstanding imagery.

Edited on Oct 28, 2017 at 07:23 AM · View previous versions



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:20 AM
stevesanacore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #7 · p.41 #7 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


What I see is how sharp the Nikon and Sony shots are. But other than that, I don't think these shots are scientific at all.


Oct 28, 2017 at 07:21 AM
PrecisionPhoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #8 · p.41 #8 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


New Camera with attention grabbers at start up?


Oct 28, 2017 at 07:25 AM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #9 · p.41 #9 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


Steve the issue really is the out of camera JPEG , who knows how much sharpening is applied given each cam. Really you need to shoot raw and optimize each camera for best output. Than you still have too many variables to screw that up. The trick on testing is minimizing all those variables.


Oct 28, 2017 at 07:26 AM
stevesanacore
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #10 · p.41 #10 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


sungphoto wrote:
I haven't seen much of an improvement since I picked up another a7r2 to play around with. Still lags far behind dslrs in a studio situation in terms of stopped down AF. Hopefully the A7r3 fixes it, because this camera has gotten my attention with dual card slots and a better buffer.


For studio work, I always use manual focus anyway. It's shooting on location in dark places that you need wide open focusing. Do their lenses have that much of an issue with focus changing when stopped down I was getting ready to order two new Sony lenses for my new A7R3 but things like this make me hesitate.



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:28 AM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #11 · p.41 #11 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


Steve Spencer wrote:
Thanks Guy I had similar thoughts and deleted my post. I might add it really looks like the Canon and Fuji are not focussed as well. A pretty awful test.


Steve we love what you post , donít delete stuff. People need to hear the good info that you bring to the table. I have a lot of respect for you and your comments. Itís okay to be the bad guy once in awhile and call things on the carpet.



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:34 AM
Tamsterwheel
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #12 · p.41 #12 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


I am assuming those dots are from colored contacts. You can see the model's original eye color around the pupil/beneath the dots


Oct 28, 2017 at 07:34 AM
PrecisionPhoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #13 · p.41 #13 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


Some lousy contacts for sure

Tamsterwheel wrote:
I am assuming those dots are from colored contacts. You can see the model's original eye color around the pupil/beneath the dots




Oct 28, 2017 at 07:41 AM
Matt Grum
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #14 · p.41 #14 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


PrecisionPhoto wrote:
What's with the dot matrix in the 850 & A7RIII?

That dot matrix really drove me nuts


Steve Spencer wrote:
Yeah, it looks awful and it was odd they didn't even mention it. I suspect it has something to do with the jpeg compression


The model is wearing patterned contact lenses.

Why the model is wearing patterned contact lenses I can't tell you. Maybe it's some super paranoid defence against the high resolution images being used to spoof iris recognition data...

Steve Spencer wrote:
Thanks Guy I had similar thoughts and deleted my post. I might add it really looks like the Canon and Fuji are not focussed as well. A pretty awful test.


Indeed, ignore this particular test and move along. The fact the Canon 5D IV has the largest image despite the smallest pixel pitch indicates something very weird going on, that and the JPEG issue, obvious misfocus etc.



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:43 AM
Steve Spencer
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #15 · p.41 #15 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


GMPhotography wrote:
Steve we love what you post , donít delete stuff. People need to hear the good info that you bring to the table. I have a lot of respect for you and your comments. Itís okay to be the bad guy once in awhile and call things on the carpet.


Thanks, Guy. I am generally not too shy about speaking up, but in this case you just said it much better than I did so my post was redundant.



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:44 AM
Steve Spencer
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #16 · p.41 #16 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


Tamsterwheel wrote:
I am assuming those dots are from colored contacts. You can see the model's original eye color around the pupil/beneath the dots


good catch on the contacts



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:45 AM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #17 · p.41 #17 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


Steve Spencer wrote:
Thanks, Guy. I am generally not too shy about speaking up, but in this case you just said it much better than I did so my post was redundant.


Thanks a little rough maybe but got the point across. Lol

Iím going to start a fun thread on setting up the new menus on the A73 from a A9 perspective. I think this will be useful.



Oct 28, 2017 at 07:49 AM
rji2goleez
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #18 · p.41 #18 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


GMPhotography wrote:
Thanks a little rough maybe but got the point across. Lol

Iím going to start a fun thread on setting up the new menus on the A73 from a A9 perspective. I think this will be useful.


Great idea Guy. It will give those of us on the A7r II a head start rather than my usual trial and error fumbling!



Oct 28, 2017 at 08:06 AM
ytwong
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #19 · p.41 #19 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


I think those dots are contact lens pattern...

Can A7R3 make timelapse by itself? Timelapse app is to me the best way to make timelapse..



Oct 28, 2017 at 08:13 AM
bjornthun
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #20 · p.41 #20 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!


Matt Grum wrote:
The model is wearing patterned contact lenses.

Why the model is wearing patterned contact lenses I can't tell you. Maybe it's some super paranoid defence against the high resolution images being used to spoof iris recognition data...

Indeed, ignore this particular test and move along. The fact the Canon 5D IV has the largest image despite the smallest pixel pitch indicates something very weird going on, that and the JPEG issue, obvious misfocus etc.


Those ugly contacts aren't even centered on the eye, so they may actually be contacts. Rasterized iris, look out maybe the model is a Terminator robot.



Oct 28, 2017 at 08:16 AM
1       2       3              40      
41
       42              105       106       end




FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              40      
41
       42              105       106       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username      Reset password