fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       6              8       …       29       30       end
  

D750 Images

  
 
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #1 · D750 Images


mawz wrote:
DRO off
All corrections off
NR off

All have major impacts on buffering on all modern Nikon bodies.


So I shut everything off you listed, and as I expected those settings don't change anything. Pretty sure those only apply when you shoot jpg. Not RAW.



Sep 29, 2014 at 12:03 PM
JimBowman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #2 · D750 Images


SGallant wrote:
So I shut everything off you listed, and as I expected those settings don't change anything. Pretty sure those only apply when you shoot jpg. Not RAW.


Likewise I had tested this on a DX body before in an attempt to increase the buffer capacity and didn't see any significant changes. However, I don't actually own an FX body so I didn't want to throw that out there =)

--Jim




Sep 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM
mawz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #3 · D750 Images


JimBowman wrote:
mawz:

My understanding is as follows - if you are shooting RAW most of the corrections/DRO/NR are really more useful if you are intending to not do post-prod work? Most of the corrections that are impacting buffering would be best handled in post-prod by your computer if you are shooting RAW images.

I may be oversimplifying this or misunderstanding what I have read/learned so please feel free to correct me here.


None of these corrections affect anything in RAW unless you are using Capture NX D, they only affect the embedded JPEG. Only NX-D applies the corrections to the RAW files, 3rd party RAW converters either ignore corrections or use their own if selected.



Sep 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM
mawz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #4 · D750 Images


JimBowman wrote:
Likewise I had tested this on a DX body before in an attempt to increase the buffer capacity and didn't see any significant changes. However, I don't actually own an FX body so I didn't want to throw that out there =)

--Jim



Interesting, I'd disabled these to increase buffer on my D7100 when I had it and got a noticeable boost (2-3 frames in 14bit lossless)



Sep 29, 2014 at 12:20 PM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #5 · D750 Images


mawz wrote:
Interesting, I'd disabled these to increase buffer on my D7100 when I had it and got a noticeable boost (2-3 frames in 14bit lossless)

12 vs 14 bit still has that kind of a change. Goes from 16-12.



Sep 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #6 · D750 Images


JimBowman wrote:
Anyone who has one of these mind doing me a huge favor:

Put the camera to in 14-bit lossless RAW (CH mode) push the shutter button - how many shots do you get before it sputters

Put the camera to shoot in 12-bit compressed RAW (CH mode) push the shutter button - how many shots do you get before it sputters

I refuse to shoot in crop mode as a compromise but I am going to make a decision today on the FX body I pickup so I am looking for real world tests of your camera if you don't mind adding a
...Show more →

Just tried yesterday:

14-bit lossless compressed = r16
12-bit lossless compressed = r12
vignette control = on
ADL = off



Sep 29, 2014 at 01:26 PM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #7 · D750 Images


okafoja wrote:
So what is the verdict between Df and D750 regarding ISO?


I can't really give a verdict until LR can read the NEFs, but this I can tell you-- I shot the same night scene with both bodies and it looks like the D750 has less noise on the LCD preview..BUT it also appears that it has a more aggressive NR being applied on the JPG renderings because the Df previews look more crisp, albeit with slightly more noise.

As far as AF, I mounted the 16-35 f/4 on the Df and tried it in a dark room. The Df struggled right away with the AF just racking back and forth, unable to lock. I then mounted the 16-35 on the D750 and it locked right away. Same scene, same lighting, same target.



Sep 29, 2014 at 01:33 PM
okafoja
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #8 · D750 Images


DontShoot wrote:
I can't really give a verdict until LR can read the NEFs, but this I can tell you-- I shot the same night scene with both bodies and it looks like the D750 has less noise on the LCD preview..BUT it also appears that it has a more aggressive NR being applied on the JPG renderings because the Df previews look more crisp, albeit with slightly more noise.

As far as AF, I mounted the 16-35 f/4 on the Df and tried it in a dark room. The Df struggled right away with the AF just racking back and forth, unable
...Show more →

Df Af in low light sucks for sure.



Sep 29, 2014 at 07:03 PM
alaskandood
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #9 · D750 Images


I was able to get the TC-16A to work with no problems on the D750 (I didn't anticipate any). But, here are a few SOOC Raws using D750 & TC-16A & 180mm 2.8 AIS ED IF.

Opened raws in NX-D, converted to 16 bit Tiff and opened in LR and placed in Flickr file. No adjustments made at all.

subject matter is terrible, but if anyone wants to look at the files feel free to download and pixel peep. Both shots handheld, so most likely not very useful.

D750 & TC-16A & 180mm 2.8 AIS ED IF by A.Laskan, on Flickr

D750 & TC-16A & 180mm 2.8 AIS ED IF by A.Laskan, on Flickr



Sep 29, 2014 at 07:30 PM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #10 · D750 Images


D750 with 28 2.8 AIS. Composition made possible by the tilt screen which opened up a whole world of possibilities. Clients got the pics right at the spot using Wi-Fi. Boom, done.







Sep 30, 2014 at 02:30 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

NikonDeb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #11 · D750 Images


>>okafoja
Df Af in low light sucks for sure.


you think so?? I have had no issues



Sep 30, 2014 at 03:01 PM
MRM4
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #12 · D750 Images


DontShoot wrote:
Clients got the pics right at the spot using Wi-Fi. Boom, done.


Does the camera work as a transmitter allowing the phone to detect it? Is that for phones only, not laptops?



Sep 30, 2014 at 03:20 PM
Rob L.
Offline
•
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #13 · D750 Images


Camera looks good. Came across this video. Anybody having this issue? Files look damaged when zooming in




Sep 30, 2014 at 04:01 PM
slrl0ver
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #14 · D750 Images


DontShoot,

That photo is outstanding! Did you do a lot of post-processing on it or is that pretty close to SOOC?

I'm curious if ISO100 on D750 is equivalent / better / worse than ISO100 on D6x0. I haven't seen a lot of D810 shots that blow me away (maybe I haven't been looking hard enough) but everything from the D750 so far looks amazing.

- slrl0ver



Sep 30, 2014 at 05:38 PM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #15 · D750 Images


MRM4 wrote:
Does the camera work as a transmitter allowing the phone to detect it? Is that for phones only, not laptops?


Correct. When you go to the settings menu on your phone, you will see the D750 listed as a Wifi device. Just connect, then tap on the Nikon App, and you can browse, transfer, or even remote live view and shoot the D750 using your phone. Not 100% sure on this, but I think it's for smartphones only.




slrl0ver wrote:
DontShoot,

That photo is outstanding! Did you do a lot of post-processing on it or is that pretty close to SOOC?

I'm curious if ISO100 on D750 is equivalent / better / worse than ISO100 on D6x0. I haven't seen a lot of D810 shots that blow me away (maybe I haven't been looking hard enough) but everything from the D750 so far looks amazing.

- slrl0ver


Thank you. As far as the exposure, NR, color, etc. it's pretty much untouched.... EXCEPT that I had to clone out two people from the frame because well.. it's impossible to have the entire beach to yourself, especially during sunset

From what I've seen, ISO100 on D750 looks very similar to ISO100 on my D600 shots. How do I test for base ISO? I know for a fact that ISO12800 is much cleaner than the D600's, but I'm not sure about ISO100.



Oct 02, 2014 at 12:02 PM
alaskandood
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #16 · D750 Images


D750 & 17-35/2.8 handheld. Still learning camera and settings.

D750 Ohmer lake (Skilak Lake road) by A.Laskan, on Flickr



Oct 02, 2014 at 12:48 PM
cohenfive
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #17 · D750 Images


Gorgeous!


Oct 02, 2014 at 03:41 PM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #18 · D750 Images


This right here is some good news! http://nikonrumors.com/2014/10/02/adobe-photoshop-camera-raw-8-7-release-candidate-now-available-with-nikon-d750-support.aspx/


Oct 03, 2014 at 07:14 AM
low325
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #19 · D750 Images


Let's see the images with LR!


Oct 03, 2014 at 08:19 AM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #20 · D750 Images


alaskandood wrote:
D750 & 17-35/2.8 handheld. Still learning camera and settings.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3927/15413827621_e79f895f37_b.jpgD750 Ohmer lake (Skilak Lake road) by A.Laskan, on Flickr


Very nice; love the cloud reflection on the water



Oct 03, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1       2       3       …       6              8       …       29       30       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       6              8       …       29       30       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account