fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       5              7       …       29       30       end
  

D750 Images

  
 
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · D750 Images


Joseph Marney wrote:
Nice set! Which lens on the 3rd image?


Thank you. So, every shot was with the 70-200 2.8 VRII except the black & white one. It is by far my favorite lens.

#3 was 135mm @F4



Sep 28, 2014 at 07:56 PM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #2 · D750 Images


lorac wrote:
Sweet BIFs from someone who "doesn't really shoot birds"..



thanks



Sep 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #3 · D750 Images


Looking very interesting... Thanks everyone.


Sep 28, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #4 · D750 Images


.













Edited on Sep 29, 2014 at 01:36 PM · View previous versions



Sep 29, 2014 at 02:22 AM
MRM4
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #5 · D750 Images


If anyone has both a D700 and a D750, I would like to see some sample low-light shots at both 6400 and 12,800 ISO at f4 to see how much difference there is between the two. I'm trying to decide if I want to get a D750 or just upgrade my lens to a 2.8.


Sep 29, 2014 at 07:19 AM
vadafallon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #6 · D750 Images


I see all these fantastic shots with the 70-200 2.8 or 80-200 f2.8.. i have a 70-200 f4.. am i missing out by not using this lens? I actually shoot more with my 24-85vr. Also loving my D750. I shot a video last night of a local folk legend and the video and audio were pretty awesome.


Sep 29, 2014 at 07:27 AM
vadafallon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #7 · D750 Images


DSC_0120.jpg by oosalx, on Flickr


Sep 29, 2014 at 07:32 AM
vadafallon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #8 · D750 Images


DSC_0119.jpg by oosalx, on Flickr


Sep 29, 2014 at 07:35 AM
Nexu
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #9 · D750 Images


D750, 58mm f1.4 @ f3.2, 1/60, ISO2500




Sep 29, 2014 at 07:58 AM
JimBowman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #10 · D750 Images


Anyone who has one of these mind doing me a huge favor:

Put the camera to in 14-bit lossless RAW (CH mode) push the shutter button - how many shots do you get before it sputters

Put the camera to shoot in 12-bit compressed RAW (CH mode) push the shutter button - how many shots do you get before it sputters

I refuse to shoot in crop mode as a compromise but I am going to make a decision today on the FX body I pickup so I am looking for real world tests of your camera if you don't mind adding a few shots to your total shutter count on the body =)

--Jim



Sep 29, 2014 at 08:02 AM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #11 · D750 Images


Sorry dude. But that's not a worthwhile comparison as the d700 will fall apart after 3200 iso.


MRM4 wrote:
If anyone has both a D700 and a D750, I would like to see some sample low-light shots at both 6400 and 12,800 ISO at f4 to see how much difference there is between the two. I'm trying to decide if I want to get a D750 or just upgrade my lens to a 2.8.



Edited on Sep 29, 2014 at 08:13 AM · View previous versions



Sep 29, 2014 at 08:11 AM
vadafallon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #12 · D750 Images


I can say by default i think i get 12 shots before it stutters, not sure on the other setting though. That is in Raw.. Jpeg goes forever it seems. I did see a chart out there that measured all this out for us though. It's better than the d600 but not as good as the d810 for shutter counts before the buffer is full.


Sep 29, 2014 at 08:12 AM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #13 · D750 Images


Depends on how you like to shoot. Not everyone likes the look of a 70-200.

vadafallon wrote:
I see all these fantastic shots with the 70-200 2.8 or 80-200 f2.8.. i have a 70-200 f4.. am i missing out by not using this lens? I actually shoot more with my 24-85vr. Also loving my D750. I shot a video last night of a local folk legend and the video and audio were pretty awesome.



Edited on Sep 29, 2014 at 08:42 AM · View previous versions



Sep 29, 2014 at 08:21 AM
JimBowman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #14 · D750 Images


I actually just found the buffer capacity chart you mentioned:

http://photographylife.com/nikon-d750-buffer-capacity

It appears that I can get 14 shots in 14-bit lossless and 33 shots in 12-bit compressed or 25 shots lossleess 12-bit. Now I am curious if this reflects everyone's real world experiences. I am fairly certain Nasim is testing real world with the camera in hand.

Everything I have ever read for high ISO (6400+) there are no real gains in 14-bit over 12-bit. 33 shots should be more than enough for anyone in my eyes - even action shots or wedding photographers. Ever since I switched over to shooting in RAW for low-light action I refuse to change back to JPEG now that I have seen what is possible using RAW files in post.




Sep 29, 2014 at 08:35 AM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #15 · D750 Images


JimBowman wrote:
I actually just found the buffer capacity chart you mentioned:

http://photographylife.com/nikon-d750-buffer-capacity

It appears that I can get 14 shots in 14-bit lossless and 33 shots in 12-bit compressed or 25 shots lossleess 12-bit. Now I am curious if this reflects everyone's real world experiences. I am fairly certain Nasim is testing real world with the camera in hand.

Everything I have ever read for high ISO (6400+) there are no real gains in 14-bit over 12-bit. 33 shots should be more than enough for anyone in my eyes - even action shots or wedding photographers. Ever since I switched over to shooting
...Show more →

No, I get 16 12 bit lossless, 19 12 bit compressed. This is using a 600x card. And yeah there is probably no real gain from going to 14 bit.



Sep 29, 2014 at 08:46 AM
JimBowman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #16 · D750 Images


Ok that is a huge difference from that chart in my eyes. Back to the drawing board =(

Thanks very much for sharing that info you saved me a headache or two...



Sep 29, 2014 at 08:51 AM
snooked123
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #17 · D750 Images


There are some stringent conditions that need to be met to meet the buffer size mentioned on the website. I don't remember what those conditions are but you need to disable all sort of processing like high NR noise reduction, etc.


Sep 29, 2014 at 09:07 AM
okafoja
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #18 · D750 Images


DontShoot wrote:
thanks


So what is the verdict between Df and D750 regarding ISO?



Sep 29, 2014 at 09:46 AM
mawz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #19 · D750 Images


snooked123 wrote:
There are some stringent conditions that need to be met to meet the buffer size mentioned on the website. I don't remember what those conditions are but you need to disable all sort of processing like high NR noise reduction, etc.


DRO off
All corrections off
NR off

All have major impacts on buffering on all modern Nikon bodies.



Sep 29, 2014 at 10:17 AM
JimBowman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #20 · D750 Images


mawz:

My understanding is as follows - if you are shooting RAW most of the corrections/DRO/NR are really more useful if you are intending to not do post-prod work? Most of the corrections that are impacting buffering would be best handled in post-prod by your computer if you are shooting RAW images.

I may be oversimplifying this or misunderstanding what I have read/learned so please feel free to correct me here.



Sep 29, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1       2       3       …       5              7       …       29       30       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       …       5              7       …       29       30       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account