fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4              6       …       29       30       end
  

D750 Images

  
 
DocsPics
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · D750 Images


Hey, you have a beautiful spouse, a nice car with leather upholstery, you live in Alaska where there is no state income tax or sales tax, you both get a check from the state each year just for living in the prettiest area on earth...... and you had to settle for a new D750. So what's the problem


Sep 27, 2014 at 08:17 AM
mawz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · D750 Images


NikonDeb wrote:
you can't convert NEF's to DNG from the 750? Did I read this correctly that it is not supported yet?


That's correct. Adobe will release an updated DNG converter with D750 support at the same time ACR and Lightroom is supported.

This is normal, DNG Converter is always updated alongside ACR and LR usually gets an update at the same time.



Sep 27, 2014 at 08:33 AM
alaskandood
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #3 · D750 Images


DocsPics wrote:
Hey, you have a beautiful spouse, a nice car with leather upholstery, you live in Alaska where there is no state income tax or sales tax, you both get a check from the state each year just for living in the prettiest area on earth...... and you had to settle for a new D750. So what's the problem




Nothing to complain about here! So far, I'm loving the camera and life is great! The PFD ($1,884/per person) is coming in a few days and certainly made the decision to get another camera easier. Mine is obviously spent, wife's has been spent for a long time and the kids' dividend are going into their college accounts.

The more I handle the camera, the more I love it's ergonomics. It's obviously not as small as the A7, but it just feels great in my fairly average sized male hands. The files, not surprisingly, seem EXACTLY the same as the A7 files. Just wish I could open the raws in LR5. All in due time, I suppose.

Definitely going to be out capturing images today!



Sep 27, 2014 at 09:12 AM
NikonDeb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · D750 Images


Mawz...any idea when they will release the DNG update? Have you heard anything?


Sep 27, 2014 at 10:18 AM
mawz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #5 · D750 Images


NikonDeb wrote:
Mawz...any idea when they will release the DNG update? Have you heard anything?


No idea when, but with all the photokina releases I'm sure it will be relatively soon.

Worth remembering that the colour profile will most likely have issues until the second release with support (Adobe's colour profiles always get tweaked after initial support is added).



Sep 27, 2014 at 03:33 PM
mawz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #6 · D750 Images


alaskandood wrote:
Nothing to complain about here! So far, I'm loving the camera and life is great! The PFD ($1,884/per person) is coming in a few days and certainly made the decision to get another camera easier. Mine is obviously spent, wife's has been spent for a long time and the kids' dividend are going into their college accounts.

The more I handle the camera, the more I love it's ergonomics. It's obviously not as small as the A7, but it just feels great in my fairly average sized male hands. The files, not surprisingly, seem EXACTLY the same as the A7
...Show more →

The files should be very similar to the A7 if you are using the Lossy compressed options. You should find the Lossless compressed options, especially the 14bit lossless RAW, to have more maleability than the A7 (A7 is 14bit lossy compressed RAW as the only RAW option)




Sep 27, 2014 at 03:34 PM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #7 · D750 Images


Some D750 images from a family session today.










































































Sep 27, 2014 at 09:15 PM
Canyonlands
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #8 · D750 Images


Great work. Nice lenses, solid camera and the skills to bring it all together.


Sep 27, 2014 at 09:55 PM
elicious
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #9 · D750 Images


Canyonlands wrote:
Great work. Nice lenses, solid camera and the skills to bring it all together.


Ditto!

What lens(es) did you use to smash those backgrounds so nicely?



Sep 27, 2014 at 10:40 PM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #10 · D750 Images


Thank you both.

elicious wrote:
Ditto!

What lens(es) did you use to smash those backgrounds so nicely?

70-200 2.8




Sep 27, 2014 at 10:57 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

Canyonlands
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #11 · D750 Images


Thought it could have been with the 70-200 except for #11. Well done.


Sep 27, 2014 at 11:06 PM
elicious
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #12 · D750 Images


SGallant wrote:
70-200 2.8



Version I or II? Most of them at 200mm/f2.8 I assume? Asking because I'm trying to figure out whether focus breathing is an issue for pics in this range. Thanks in advance!



Sep 27, 2014 at 11:25 PM
alaskandood
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #13 · D750 Images


Just a few from tonight. Steep Learning curve for me. Still trying to figure out how to program U1 & U2 settings and can't seem to keep AE-L locked into AF-ON. Will have fun learning this camera that is way better than I am.

All tonight with 80-200/2.8 (two ring version not AF-s) AF is a lot quicker than I expected! Image quality seems good to me for a lens I bought for cheap on the the online auction site. Exterior is rough, but works perfectly.

A horse that wanted food. Had nothing to give. Apparently, horses aren't interested in skittles as my 5 y.o. son found out. Was using the pop-up flash to see how well it worked. Obviously prefer OCF, but I think this flash will come in handy.
DSC_0404.jpg by A.Laskan, on Flickr


Mt Redoubt Volcano at sunset
Mt. Redoubt Volcano at sunset D750 & 80-200/2.8 (2 ring) by A.Laskan, on Flickr

A beat up Maule on the lake I live on. Lower light AF seems pretty accurate to me.
DSC_0457.jpg by A.Laskan, on Flickr



Sep 28, 2014 at 02:57 AM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #14 · D750 Images


elicious wrote:
Version I or II? Most of them at 200mm/f2.8 I assume? Asking because I'm trying to figure out whether focus breathing is an issue for pics in this range. Thanks in advance!


Version II and yes most were at 200 2.8 some where at 160 - 175.



Sep 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
elicious
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #15 · D750 Images


Thanks for the info, great work!

SGallant wrote:
Version II and yes most were at 200 2.8 some where at 160 - 175.





Sep 28, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Jesse Giammatt
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #16 · D750 Images


I am loving this camera so far! Cant wait to have access to the RAWS soon
Here is one of my Husky's shot at noon. SOOC besides some cropping in photoshop

Nikon D750 Test by Jesse James Photography, on Flickr



Sep 28, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #17 · D750 Images


I don't really shoot birds, but I wanted to test out the new AF of the D750. I must say it's pretty fast and accurate! Tried Group AF and it was just so confusing to use in ANY mode so I went back to my trusty AF-C/single point and the D750 nailed every shot. The camera was VERY responsive even with TC-14 and TC-17 and 6.5 fps is plenty fast. I get r16 on a 12-bit NEF and that's deep enough for BIFs.

I used the 200 f/2 + TC-17 on the 340mm shots and 300 f/4 with TC-17 on the 500mm shots






















Sep 28, 2014 at 04:59 PM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #18 · D750 Images


Put together a test session today. Was working with a new assistant, and wanted to bring more OCF back into my work. Strictly used the D750 today. So I have used this camera a bit now. And I just really can't say how much I enjoy using it. I pull out the D750 I feel like I am shooting for myself and have fun. I pull out the D4 I feel like it's time to go to work. I will be happy when I can edit these properly in lightroom.


















































Sep 28, 2014 at 06:18 PM
lorac
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #19 · D750 Images


DontShoot wrote:
I don't really shoot birds, but I wanted to test out the new AF of the D750. I must say it's pretty fast and accurate! Tried Group AF and it was just so confusing to use in ANY mode so I went back to my trusty AF-C/single point and the D750 nailed every shot. The camera was VERY responsive even with TC-14 and TC-17 and 6.5 fps is plenty fast. I get r16 on a 12-bit NEF and that's deep enough for BIFs.

I used the 200 f/2 + TC-17 on the 340mm shots and 300 f/4 with TC-17 on the
...Show more →

Sweet BIFs from someone who "doesn't really shoot birds"..




Sep 28, 2014 at 07:13 PM
Joseph Marney
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #20 · D750 Images


SGallant wrote:
Put together a test session today. Was working with a new assistant, and wanted to bring more OCF back into my work. Strictly used the D750 today. So I have used this camera a bit now. And I just really can't say how much I enjoy using it. I pull out the D750 I feel like I am shooting for myself and have fun. I pull out the D4 I feel like it's time to go to work. I will be happy when I can edit these properly in lightroom.



Nice set! Which lens on the 3rd image?



Sep 28, 2014 at 07:41 PM
1       2       3       4              6       …       29       30       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4              6       …       29       30       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account