fredmiranda.com
Login

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5       …       29       30       end
  

D750 Images

  
 
Willy Y.
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · D750 Images


I would have to say SGallant's post speaks loads for the D750's in camera noise processing. Until we have proper Raw support it doesn't seem like a fair test processing outside of the camera. I get mine tomorrow, and after looking at this thread I am super excited.

I hope its clear tomorrow night, gonna see how this thing does in the dark.



Sep 25, 2014 at 10:34 PM
form
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · D750 Images


What happens if you try to fool LR5 into thinking the D750 image is from a D4, Df or D4s?


Sep 26, 2014 at 09:21 AM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · D750 Images


Ok just got mine.. first impressions:

Is Nikon cheaping out now or what? Camera does not come with hot shoe cover and not even a cord for the charger. The only thing included is the stubby wall mount socket thingy.

My D750 has a xxxxx329 serial number, it's the 329th D750 made! wow.. beta testing here I come, lol

-The build - EXCELLENT. My reference for build is the D4, and I have to say, it's perhaps a notch below, but at the same level of a D800. Not a hint of plastic on this thing. Definitely above the D600. The thing is, it's really slim front to back and it has some weight for its size. Imagine a Df with better grip and tilting screen - that's the D750.

I took a few test shots. So far so good but I was just sitting at the parking lot. Need to shoot some real stuff so I'll report back on that.

The D600 had cheapy/wobbly Fn and Pv buttons but not the D750. The buttons are smaller and feel solid, not wobbly. The Pv was moved a little higher and the Fn a little lower so if you're used to the D800 bodies where they're just "there" at the edge of your fingertips, it might take some time getting used to with the D750 as they are now positioned slightly differently. Not a big deal.

Shutter sound.... wow it's kinda loud. Definitely louder than D810. If memory serves me right, I believe it's as loud as D600 but with a distinct flip like the Df's. Not quite as loud as D700's though, but it's a solid flip. Maybe it'll get smoother and quieter after some time.

The Good stuff - D750 can remember AF pts based on orientation (used to be a D4-only feature) and I'm so glad to find that you can also change ISO with the record button! The D600 couldn't do this. You can also set the center button to zoom while previewing images.

One of the menu item under Setup is the "conformity marking", which does absolutely nothing but displays two logos. This is probably where you press up up left right left right to unlock the hidden Focus Peaking feature... but I digress. I have no idea what this menu item is for.

Top LCD now has meter bar on Manual mode (unlike D600's) which is a great addition, but it lost the PSAM indicator that tells you what mode you are in. It's also NOT in the viewfinder either, and I think you can only see this on the flip LCD.

Viewfinder now sports the white OLED letters. Top LCD illumination is still green, not bluish white like those found on the Df and D4.

Grip feels AMAZING. Like I said, imagine a Df with deep grip and flipout LCD and you got a D750. D800 feels like you're grabbing a grapefruit.. D750 feels like you're grabbing a thinner version of the D700. Believe the hype - the grip feels nice. 10/10

There are now more options when customizing the command and sub-command dials (as if they're not already confusing to begin with )

The LCD is crisp, menus popup quickly, and the entire camera is very responsive. I'd even say it's D4-responsive. The D600 was a little sluggish and I remember it well.

The viewfinder... it's square... let's not go there.

I haven't tried the AF yet because I only have the Zeiss 135 with me. I will do a follow up post after I spend some time with it this weekend.

I honestly think the D750 will be a hit, barring any issues. When I sold my D700, I went back and forth between the D600 and D800, but neither really filled that void the D700 left. I think the D750 may have finally did that. Time will tell.



Sep 26, 2014 at 03:33 PM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · D750 Images


Nice notes. And I look to be build number 248 haha.


Sep 26, 2014 at 03:57 PM
low325
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · D750 Images


where are the images folks??


Sep 26, 2014 at 05:42 PM
DaveOls
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #6 · D750 Images


Dontshoot
I think that I read that the body is a new polycarbonate or something. I don't think that it is metal. Don't know if that is good or bad.



Sep 26, 2014 at 06:45 PM
mawz
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #7 · D750 Images


DaveOls wrote:
Dontshoot
I think that I read that the body is a new polycarbonate or something. I don't think that it is metal. Don't know if that is good or bad.

The frame/rear shell are magnesium, the front skin is carbon-fibre impregnated polycarbonate (same as D5300 and currently unique to those two models). It feels like a full-on magnesium body (as all the grip surface is grip rubber or magnesium) without the weight penalty and gains the impact protection of the polycarbonate shell.



Sep 26, 2014 at 07:35 PM
vadafallon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · D750 Images


Ok here are some pics. Most are with the nifty 50 and all are jpegs unedited.


https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomaswhudson/sets/72157648064710402/



Sep 26, 2014 at 09:52 PM
vadafallon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #9 · D750 Images


I am not the best at capturing action btw. But everything was auto.


Sep 26, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Mataz426
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #10 · D750 Images


vadafallon wrote:
Ok here are some pics. Most are with the nifty 50 and all are jpegs unedited.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomaswhudson/sets/72157648064710402/


The photo with the dog resting it's head on the window sill is such a great photo.



Sep 26, 2014 at 10:14 PM
 


Search in Used Dept. 

newusaa
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #11 · D750 Images


DontShoot wrote:
Ok just got mine.. first impressions:

Is Nikon cheaping out now or what? Camera does not come with hot shoe cover and not even a cord for the charger. The only thing included is the stubby wall mount socket thingy.

My D750 has a xxxxx329 serial number, it's the 329th D750 made! wow.. beta testing here I come, lol

-The build - EXCELLENT. My reference for build is the D4, and I have to say, it's perhaps a notch below, but at the same level of a D800. Not a hint of plastic on this thing. Definitely above the D600. The thing is,
...Show more →

Thanks for the report.

Minor question.... So the charger is just designed to stick into the wall with no cable?



Sep 26, 2014 at 11:07 PM
SGallant
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #12 · D750 Images


It doesn't come with a cable only a wall plug. I just grabbed the cable from my d700. I would bet you can buy one for a few dollars. The batteries are small and light enough you can use the wall charger no problem.

newusaa wrote:
Thanks for the report.

Minor question.... So the charger is just designed to stick into the wall with no cable?




Sep 26, 2014 at 11:12 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #13 · D750 Images


Honestly, I prefer the wall charger. I hardly need another cable lying around.

I'm definitely appreciating all the comments from folks. This is really useful. Keep them coming folks... And thanks again Sean for getting this started.



Sep 26, 2014 at 11:24 PM
NikonDeb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #14 · D750 Images


you can't convert NEF's to DNG from the 750? Did I read this correctly that it is not supported yet?


Sep 26, 2014 at 11:38 PM
snapsy
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #15 · D750 Images


This cable should do the trick.


Sep 26, 2014 at 11:39 PM
InlawBiker
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #16 · D750 Images


Mataz426 wrote:
The photo with the dog resting it's head on the window sill is such a great photo.


Yep and you can tell by the state of the screen that they also have a cat.



Sep 26, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #17 · D750 Images


newusaa wrote:
Thanks for the report.

Minor question.... So the charger is just designed to stick into the wall with no cable?


correct.



Sep 27, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Joseph.
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #18 · D750 Images


LR doesn't read the NEFs yet, so these are SOOC, just resized the JPG in PS.

That Zeiss 135 Apo-Sonnar is not bad.. not bad at all. Some quick shots outside










boom









Sep 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM
alaskandood
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #19 · D750 Images


Went in to buy a D810 since my A7 is getting repaired, and I really wanted a second camera. They had received four D750's and I grabbed one of them.

Nothing great to display. Only had limited battery and I needed to drive home 3 hours away before I could charge it.

Here's what I grabbed today pulling off the highway briefly a few times.

D750 & 35-70/2.8 D
Turnagain Arm
DSC_0112.jpg by A.Laskan, on Flickr

Crazy wife finding out I just bought another camera
DSC_0213.jpg by A.Laskan, on Flickr

D750 & 85/1.4 AIS @ 1.4 (Tried going after a Phillip Reeve style shot here)
DSC_0163.jpg by A.Laskan, on Flickr

D750 & 85/1.4 AIS @ 11
DSC_0156.jpg by A.Laskan, on Flickr

D750 & 85/1.4 AIS @ 1.4 Maxing out the 1/4000 (Didn't have an ND filter)
DSC_0140.jpg by A.Laskan, on Flickr

85/1.4 AIS @ 1.4 maxing out the 1/4000 SS
D750 & 85/1.4 AIS W.O. by A.Laskan, on Flickr

It's my first DSLR (my only other camera has been an iphone and an A7), and I have to say that it feels great in my hands, it was pretty simple to figure out the controls, and manual focusing with the AIS seemed pretty easy (even without focus peaking). I think I nailed focus on every shot I tried.

Other than the 1/4000, I think it's great. Shutter sounds about the same as the A7, but louder than the D810. I just need to make sure I have ND filters, or CPL's with me from now on when shooting wide open in bright day light.

I think the AF is great! Much faster than my A7 (IMHO). The 6.5 fps seems plenty fast for my purposes! Now I just need to figure out how to configure the U1 and U2 settings and find out what's so great about them.

Serial Number XXX6767

Edited on Sep 27, 2014 at 09:25 AM · View previous versions



Sep 27, 2014 at 02:10 AM
low325
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #20 · D750 Images


Love that crazy wife shot haha!


Sep 27, 2014 at 08:03 AM
1       2       3              5       …       29       30       end






FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5       …       29       30       end
    
 

Welcome back
Log in to your account