p.2 #4 · Post your Canon 8-15mm f/4 Fisheye Samples
Pixel1970 wrote:
Pretty sure I've got one coming soon, I'm going to play with it for a couple days and then trade it. Be on the look out in the buy/sell!!!!!!
Perhaps you would do better by returning it for refund ?
I feel 8-15L might fall into the same demand niche as 70-300mm DO.
p.2 #11 · Post your Canon 8-15mm f/4 Fisheye Samples
Did anyone notice that the price for the 15mm f/2.8 was increased to $800. It was $670 yesterday. I wonder why?
I have been checking because I bought it used yesterday.
p.2 #13 · Post your Canon 8-15mm f/4 Fisheye Samples
PetKal wrote:
Pogi Paolo, based on whatever little I've seen shot with 8-15L, my old 15FE is.....
* sharper, if anything
* one stop faster
* much smaller and lighter
* much cheaper.
Your old 15FE also has:
* a longer MFD
* much lower magnification
* the inability to produce a 180° diagonal FE image on a 1.3x or 1.6x crop body
I believe the last item is the real selling point for this lens (not the circular FE), especially (but not limited to) someone with multiple bodies w/different sensor sizes.
p.2 #16 · Post your Canon 8-15mm f/4 Fisheye Samples
Right or wrong, those MFD/magnification specs mean very little to a large segment of photographers. How many are going to try close up photography of insects and similar with fish eye lenses ?
Furthermore, intrinsic USM AF advantages are of little utility in a fisheye lens. (Naturally, USM AF drive adds a good deal of performance to telephoto lenses. )
p.2 #17 · Post your Canon 8-15mm f/4 Fisheye Samples
In addition to speed, USM also gives the ability to manual focus without flipping a switch, oh, but you already knew that...
Fisheye lenses aren't for meant for a large segment of photographers in the first place. And getting closer doesn't have to involve insects, or even small objects. It could be people, pets, plants or inanimate objects. In the end, I guess you just have to open your mind and use your imagination.
p.2 #18 · Post your Canon 8-15mm f/4 Fisheye Samples
DJL329 wrote:
In addition to speed, USM also gives the ability to manual focus without flipping a switch, oh, but you already knew that...
Fisheye lenses aren't for meant for a large segment of photographers in the first place. And getting closer doesn't have to involve insects, or even small objects. It could be people, pets, plants or inanimate objects. In the end, I guess you just have to open your mind and use your imagination.
But you already knew that...
I guess your clients and models must be trembling with anticipation of you taking their portraits with your new fisheye lens at MFD.