Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of cyra's message #9503564 « ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!) »

cyra
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!)

carstenw wrote:

In the end, I sat down and tweaked my diopter yet again, and this time, instead of setting it by where I thought the focusing rectangles were sharpest, I set it by manual focus accuracy. It ended up 3-4 clicks from where I had it before, but now I can nail almost every shot with both 50 MP and 100 MP..... indicating that my focus screen may be slightly off from its proper placement. I should probably send in my D3 at some point and have it checked over.

oops, if 3-4 clicks on the D3 are what they are on the D7, your screen must be v e r y off.
I don\'t find the MP 50 any harder to focus than the 100. Haven\'t noticed more out of focus shots either. In fact, for me it feels like an easy lens to deal with. Can you compare with another Nikon (in a shop maybe?). You can also try to set focus on say 2m by using the scale on the lens and measure the distance (to the chip plane) and see whether that gives a correctly focused shot. Then set the diopter acordingly (might vary with distance though). I hope you get it fixed and it doesn\'t keep getting in the way of your relationship with the MP 50 any longer
The DOF of the 50 is really impressive. I found, I can use it at f4 for landscape shots sharp from front to back (not quite really, but almost, I actually like a little focus fall off at the very front and at far infinity.)
Concerning your seperation problem, I think the 50 is better at it at closer distances. Try with smaller objects closer by, to get the hang of it.

Apr 17, 2011 at 03:30 AM

Previous versions of cyra's message #9503564 « ZE/ZF/ZM Images (Official Thread!) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.