Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #8778880 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
Manual Focus Nikon Glass

camerapapi wrote:
These are some of the sharpest, more colorful photos I have seen in this forum.
Any questions about the quality of Nikkor optics?

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

I can only guess that these wonderful lenses fell out of favor with the vast majority of photographers because AF shooting doesn't require the same degree of concentration as MF shooting. I know for those who've shot for decades, manual focusing is second nature. I was shooting yesterday afternoon and friend who'd observed me shooting before exclaimed, "You're shooting manual!" and proceeded to tell me about his long lost Nikon kit. Obviously my left hand turning the lens gave me away.

I can't help but wonder how many of the folks posting images from the MF Nikkor lenses are actually still shooting with them. Quite a few photos posted have been recycled through other threads and could have been taken long ago. For me its all new and refreshing, reinvigorating my photography. I'm now an apostle...

From this morning, taken at the Marin Rowing Club with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s at f/4.

Aug 26, 2010 at 04:58 AM
CGrindahl
Upload & Sell: On
Manual Focus Nikon Glass

camerapapi wrote:
These are some of the sharpest, more colorful photos I have seen in this forum.
Any questions about the quality of Nikkor optics?

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

I can only guess that these wonderful lenses fell out of favor with the vast majority of photographers because AF shooting doesn't require the same degree of concentration as MF shooting. I know for those who've shot for decades, manual focusing is second nature. I was shooting yesterday afternoon and friend who'd observed me shooting before exclaimed, "You're shooting manual!" and proceeded to tell me about his long lost Nikon kit. Obviously my left hand turning the lens gave me away.

I can't help but wonder how many of the folks posting images from the MF Nikkor lenses are actually still shooting with them. Quite a few photos posted have been recycled through other threads and could have been taken long ago. For me its all new and refreshing, reinvigorating my photography. I'm now an apostle...

From this morning, taken at the Marin Rowing Club with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s at f/4.

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Previous versions of CGrindahl's message #8778880 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »