Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RDKirk's message #8344503 « Houston, The Einstein has landed »

RDKirk
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Houston, The Einstein has landed

That's not what I said. ...than paying $25.00/$50.00 more for a Pro 8 head ain't a BFD. Sure seems to me I'm talking about retail price, not manufactures cost. But that is not the point. The point is that no-one would notice the difference, 25/50/100/200, whatever -- like I said BFD. Profoto is not price sensitive like ABs. Einstein would not have people lining at $939.00, but adding $500.00 to the price for an 8a won't effect the market. Conversely lowering the price of an 8a by $500.00 wouldn't increase sales either.

I think you missed part of the point that Ellis touched on. Raising the MSRP does not just impact the consumer. It also affects customs, taxes, import restrictions, and lots of other issues requiring close legal and accounting scrutiny (and you have to pay them, too), whereas cutting manufacturing costs is pure and simple profit increase.

Apr 10, 2010 at 01:28 PM

Previous versions of RDKirk's message #8344503 « Houston, The Einstein has landed »