Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of designdog's message #11405551 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »

designdog
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lessons learned.

So, for my birthday trip to Williamsburg (actually on the spouse program for my wife's law firm meeting) I abandoned my Nikon D700 and all those MF lenses in favor of traveling light with the Fuji X Pro 1 and 3 primes. Bad move.

The camera performed flawlessly, and the images are very sharp with great dynamic range. However, walking down the main drag in Williamsburg, at 1:00 in the afternoon on a sunny day, tends to result in highly contrasted very bright images withf very little interest or warmth. Might as well of had my wife's X100. They all look like some tourist snaps.

One thing I did learn, is that 50mm is too close and 28mm is too wide. 35mm, if I had one, would have been just right. Also, the Fuji lenses, with their sexy looking lens hoods and rubber snap on covers, are difficult to change, despite their small size and weight. Things kept falling off. I will admit the camera and the Hadley Small look damn good and got lots of looks.

Any recommendations for a Nikon 35mm?

Mar 10, 2013 at 03:44 PM
designdog
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lessons learned.

So, for my birthday trip to Williamsburg (actually one the spouse program for my wife's law firm meeting) I abandoned my Nikon D700 and all those MF lenses in favor of traveling light with the Fuji X Pro 1 and 3 primes. Bad move.

The camera performed flawlessly, and the images are very sharp with great dynamic range. However, walking down the main drag in Williamsburg, at 1:00 in the afternoon on a sunny day, tends to result in highly contrasted very bright images of very little interest or warmth. Might as well of had my wife's X100. They all look like some tourist snaps.

One thing I did learn, is that 50mm is too close and 28mm is too wide. 35mm, if I had one, would have been just right. Also, the fuji lenses, with their sexy looking lens hoods and rubber snap on covers, are difficult to change, despite their small size and weight. Things kept falling off. I will admit the camera and the Hadley Small look damn good and got lots of looks.

Any recommendations for a Nikon 35mm?

Mar 10, 2013 at 03:43 PM

Previous versions of designdog's message #11405551 « Manual Focus Nikon Glass »