Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of JWilsonphoto's message #11392155 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

JWilsonphoto
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel

FlyingPhotog wrote:
Tim Adams wrote:
JWilsonphoto wrote:
This can only mean interesting developments for still shooters as well.............

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/03/canon-announces-the-development-of-new-high-sensitivity-sensor/

Video only. I think it is going to be a long time before Canon can duplicate what Nikon/Sony have done in the digital SLR sensor area.

I wish you hadn\'t said this Tim. All this time I thought I was improving.

Now you\'re telling me I\'m working at a disadvantage?

Go Figure...

Not necessarily true. I love the D800\'s, but Zim and I have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that the Canon 1DX is superior to the 800 in the area of sensor noise at iso 400. Canon\'s breakthrough in video sensor technology will most certainly eventually filter down to still sensor production. Whether Canon can get their ducks in a row to actually build, test and deliver new generation cameras with that sensor technology, is anyone\'s guess. They seem to have abdicated the leaders throne over the past few years, while devoting themselves to more esoteric pursuits like the world\'s largest sensor, and this video thingy.

It\'s a sad commentary on the state of our world, but it\'s no secret what industry is driving the great strides in video technology. Once again, follow the money.

Mar 04, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Previous versions of JWilsonphoto's message #11392155 « Mustang Air to Air: The Sequel »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.