Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Bones74's message #11388922 « For those who upgrade to 1Dx, was it worth it? »

Bones74
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 5D3 owners who upgrade to 1Dx, was it worth it?

stanj wrote:

I will counter that: a bunch of my buddies from the NASA projects were shooing at the DNC last year. You may recall that it was a little bit wet, to put it mildly. Every single of their 5D3s died (out of about 10), while not a single 1DX died. Half of the 5D3s recovered once dried, the other half went to the doctor.

Not splitting hair - you brought weather sealing

As for high ISO - the fact that we shoot raw and have NR software applies to both cameras. When you have better "in", you get better "out", regardless of the processing technology.

Now as for shots that *I* could not have gotten with the 5D3, other than the wet ones - who knows. Our personal limitations apply to all cameras, so maybe *you* could have gotten the shot with the 5D3 that I needed a 1DX for, but again, we assume same pilot here. I can however show pictures that I got with the D800E that I could not have gotten with the 1DX, but that's for a different thread

Why Stan, why did they not use use umbrellas! On the 11th of Feb I went out shooting along the Thames in London for three hours. The weather alternated between rain, sleet and snow. My camera and lenses got soaked. When I got home I had to use a towel and hair dryer, but the camera never missed a beat. Lets be honest you are far more proficient camera in hand than I All I'm saying that maybe some people need to give thought to whether they could save a bit of money and buy a 5D3 instead of a 1DX.

Mar 03, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Previous versions of Bones74's message #11388922 « For those who upgrade to 1Dx, was it worth it? »