Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Lars Johnsson's message #11388246 « For those who upgrade to 1Dx, was it worth it? »

Lars Johnsson
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 5D3 owners who upgrade to 1Dx, was it worth it?

EB-1 wrote:
molson wrote:
Sven Jeppesen wrote:
molson wrote:
stanj wrote:
molson wrote:
The lower resolution would dissuade me from downgrading from the 5D Mark III.

But they are "better" pixels. Owning both, I can assure you that from a noise and DR perspective I can tell which camera took the shot.

I don't have any issues with noise (or lack thereof) or DR with the 5D Mark III, so no reason for me to spend 2x as much to downgrade to a less practical camera.

Why is a 1DX camera not practical

Size, weight, cost, different batteries, different GPS unit, lower resolution, no SD card slot, narrower bracketing range... there may be more, but I've only used a 1Dx once, and those are the things that immediately spring to mind.

The dual CF slots of the 1D-X are much more practical to me than the super-slow SD slot on the 5D III. Regardless of the card speed, the SD slot was too slow even for my landscapes. I'm hoping to actually use the two slots regularly in the 1D-X.

EBH

Yes dual CF slots and the much better. It's a huge improvent IMO

Mar 03, 2013 at 06:14 PM

Previous versions of Lars Johnsson's message #11388246 « For those who upgrade to 1Dx, was it worth it? »