Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of borderlight's message #11385711 « First time for me; trouble brewing on a deal on the Buy & Sell »

borderlight
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: First time for me; trouble brewing on a deal on the Buy &...

It's that this was an emotional thing due to it never having happened to me before.

Savas: It happened to me too. The buyer thought he saw some dust inside the lens I was selling. It was only used a few times and looked new or, technically, in Like New condition. We went back and forth, but after awhile he accepted the transaction after a bit of reasoning. Another time I sent a $25 item to a buyer who said that the box was empty when he received it. Sounds crazy, but it could have happened. I sent him a new product direct from B&H. His rated it a great transaction. By luck I have maintained a "Great" rating, but in a few cases one or two might have ended up here in the Misc. Forum, or on the rating system as "Poor". All my transactions were in the old days, like 5 years ago when B&S wasn't watered down with an influx of AHs, cheap buyers, and scammers. I think we are all pushing our luck these days after achieving double digit "Great" ratings.

I think your buyer needs to video the problems, not just photograph them. A short clip taken with a cell phone would do it. That would prove things one way or another. Other than that, you are in Dilemmaville. If worth the aggravation, go for it. If not, have him return the lens and hope that he was just BSing you.

Mar 02, 2013 at 02:52 PM

Previous versions of borderlight's message #11385711 « First time for me; trouble brewing on a deal on the Buy & Sell »