Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Peire's message #11369144 « What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase? »

Peire
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Canon FDn 200/2.8 is a nice lens.It fringes in blue/red excessively wo but stop it down to f5.6-8 and you'll get nice,sharp and contrasty images.

Today I acquired a few Canons FDn : 28/2,35/2 and 85/1.8 with addition of the 50/4 SMC Pentax M Macro,which is a nice and a very sharp lens.I look around for 24/2.Fast FDn Canons are sharper and contrastier that their f2.8 equivalents,with fewer haze/fringing wo.What is most impressive,they are able under some circumstances to render images with visible 3D look, similar to the Zeiss glass.I noticed that after having closer look at a few preliminary test shots.

BTW:35/2.8 Rollei HFT Distagon is as close to it's Zeiss C/Y counterpart as is 50/1.8 HFT to the Planar 50/1.7 C/Y,as described in the oly 50/1.8 versus Pentax M 50/1.7 thread.Buy them before they get very expensive!

I'm very close to buy the Leica R Macro Elmarit 60/2.8 again....Discourage me!Help!!

I'm hoping for the better weather too...

Feb 23, 2013 at 07:47 PM
Peire
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Canon FDn 200/2.8 is a nice lens.It fringes in blue/red excessively wo but stop it down to f5.6-8 and you'll get nice,sharp and contrasty images.

Today I acquired a few Canons FDn : 28/2,35/2 and 85/1.8 with addition of the 50/4 SMC Pentax M Macro,which is a nice and a very sharp lens.I look around for 24/2.Fast FDn Canons are sharper and contrastier that their f2.8 equivalents,with fewer haze/fringing wo.What is most impressive,they are able to render images with visible 3D look similar to the Zeiss glass.I noticed that after having closer look at a few preliminary test shots.

BTW:35/2.8 Rollei HFT Distagon is as close to it's Zeiss C/Y counterpart as is 50/1.8 HFT to planar to 50/1.7 C/Y,as described in the oly 50/1.8 versus Pentax M 50/1.7 thread.Buy them before get very expensive!

I'm very close to buy the Leica R Macro Elmarit 60/2.8 again....Discourage me!Help!!

I'm hoping for the better weather too...

Feb 23, 2013 at 04:01 PM

Previous versions of Peire's message #11369144 « What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase? »