Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Thang's message #11367765 « Anyone using a Opteka GH1 tripod Gimbal head for birding?? »

Thang
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Anyone using a Opteka GH1 tripod Gimbal head for birding??

After reading all the rave reviews, to satisfy my curiousity, I decided to give this head a try even though I already have a wimberley. While some have great success with the Opteka GH1 head, after using one for 5 minutes, I packed it up and shipped it right back to amazon.

What a god awful product! For small lenses like the 300 f/4, 400 5.6, this may be an adequate head for use. But then again, why the heck would one need to mount these lenses on tripod anyway?? Are they that heavy??

Built quality is horrible, especially at the quick release clamp and the quick release knob. After I mounted the 600 VR and tighten the knob, the knob broke! With further examination, I noticed the base of the quick release clamp bent! What the hell?

You get what you pay for.

Mar 01, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Thang
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Anyone using a Opteka GH1 tripod Gimbal head for birding??

After reading all the rave reviews, to satisfy my curiousity, I decided to give this head a try even though I already have a wimberley. While some have great success with the Opteka GH1 head, after using one for 5 minutes, I packed it up and shipped it right back to amazon. What a god awful product! For small lenses like the 300 f/4, 400 5.6, this may be an adequate head for use. But then again, why the heck would one want to mount these lenses on tripod anyway? Are they that heavy?

Built quality is horrible, especially at the quick release clamp and the quick release knob. After I mounted the 600 VR and tighten the knob, the knob broke! With further examination, I noticed the base of the quick release clamp bent! What the hell?

You get what you pay for.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Previous versions of Thang's message #11367765 « Anyone using a Opteka GH1 tripod Gimbal head for birding?? »