Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of cgardner's message #11344642 « Your thoughts? CC welcomed. »

cgardner
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

Like it for the novelty and mystery of trying to guess what the lady behind the painting looks like.

The real message I see here is in the painting and the feet. Everything else pulls me off that message and dilutes it: The red painting and the clutter above, those in the gap. I also don't really see the connection with the caption either and it becomes a distraction also. The drop shadow is dropped and blurred so much it looks like a smudge and is also distracting.

This one is a case where I think isolating the dancer painting and the legs in color and making everything else B&W and blurring it a bit would work and the art <> life duality clearer without all the other distractions. If you try that I'd lose the drop shadow on the caption.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:30 PM
cgardner
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Your thoughts? CC welcomed.

Like it for the novelty and mystery of trying to guess what the lady behind the painting looks like.

The real message I see here is in the painting and the feet. Everything else pulls me off that message and dilutes it: The red painting and the clutter above, those in the gap. I also don't really see the connection with the caption either and it becomes a distraction also. The drop shadow is dropped and blurred so much it looks like a smudge and is also distracting.

This one is a case where I think isolating the dancer painting and the legs in color and making everything else B&W and blurring it a bit would work for this one and the art <> life duality clearer without all the other distractions. If you try that I'd lose the drop shadow on the caption.

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Previous versions of cgardner's message #11344642 « Your thoughts? CC welcomed. »