Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of keoni068's message #11339167 « Importance of Lens Sharpness in Smaller Prints (Specifically Canon 24-70L II) »

keoni068
Upload & Sell: On
Importance of Lens Sharpness in Smaller Prints

I currently have a decently sharp 24-70L, and I, like many others, have been intrigued by the 24-70L II, with its reported sharpness and color improvements. I have contemplated selling my series 1 for the new zoom, but I had a question about the sharpness improvements in relation to printing 16x20 and smaller. For example, if I were to print a 16x20 on glossy paper at Costco would there be a noticeable difference between pictures taken with the 24-70 I and II? (Obviously, for the sake of this hypothetical situation all other factors, camera, settings, lighting, etc, remains constant and the only difference is the lens itself.) I understand if I pixel peep at 200% on a retina display the difference will be noticeable, but in real world prints would I be able to decipher between them?

Thanks for your time and wisdom!

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Previous versions of keoni068's message #11339167 « Importance of Lens Sharpness in Smaller Prints (Specifically Canon 24-70L II) »