Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of lovinglife's message #11324006 « Resolved: 135mm f/2 DC Lens Sharpness / Focus »

lovinglife
Upload & Sell: On
Question about 135mm f/2 DC Lens

I purchased a 135mm f/2 DC lens from BHPhoto last week (import model). After reading a lot of reviews I decided on this lens for portraits mainly (other options I considered were the 105DC, 85G 1.4, 85D 1.4 etc).

The lens I received seems to be a tad bit soft at f/2 - in addition, there is some front focusing - When I set the AF-adjust on the D600 to +20, it is MUCH better - almost perfect, but still not quite--it looks like a +22-23 may be needed for correcting this, but the D600 doesn\'t go that far. Since I plan on using it wide open much of the time, I want it to be perfect at f/2.

Other than the focusing issue - I really love the way this lens renders, one of the best I have used.
So I have purchased another copy - and will be sending this one back.
I really hope the next copy I can achieve a sharp image at f/2 - If I can\'t get a good copy, I may need to buy the 85/1.4G instead--but i would really rather just have a well performing 135..

As far as the purple fringing/CA etc - It takes me about 2 seconds to remove it in Lightroom, so does does not affect me.

My question is - have others experienced something similar with this lens/is this normal? (and just a note, I am not using the Defocus feature)

Thx!!!
LL

Feb 04, 2013 at 02:10 PM

Previous versions of lovinglife's message #11324006 « Resolved: 135mm f/2 DC Lens Sharpness / Focus »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.