Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11294691 « Does this forum have a negative tone lately? »

StillFingerz
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Does this forum have a negative tone lately?

A few years back the same question regarding negativity came up on a Spinal Cord Injury peer support site I\'ve been a member of for many moons. Several of us older less-viral members and the moderators took this offline and ran some stats on those being reported on, and some negative wording searches.

In the end one member of this team ask the following,

\"Why don\'t we all just speak from personal hands-on experience, write our response\'s to what we actually know, not from unproven opinion.\" -- Simon, from NZ

If we really take the time, relate our comments/questions to personal experience, the person that denies our \'actual truths\' is only demonstrating their closed mind, lack of a specific experience, nothing more/less.

IMHO, the biggest problem with the \'negative tone\' spoke of here, is that of personal validation. We are all looking to share, don\'t like being ignorant, so get over the fact that we don\'t know everything.

As with SCI, photography has nuance of condition and/or experience, and the depth or lack there of is vast, no one person experiences the same in anything.

And if I may, no one owes anyone anything...except a bit of respect...for this hobby, profession called photography. And these company\'s that provide us our tools deserve no less, they target groups with product, not the individual, the individual isn\'t the demographic that drives design or profit.

It\'s not personal it\'s just business...on a gear level. It\'s odd, seems we can post comment, opinion, praise and/or critique of an image in a friendly/respectful manner in the image specific forums but have such \'nasty\' prose in the gear forums.

For flocks sake, get a punching bag or pillow out and beat the crap out of it, go into your wherever and scream it out...or, go shoot something; with you camera...please!

Older shooter signing off...need my rest...me legs are tired
Jerry

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Previous versions of StillFingerz's message #11294691 « Does this forum have a negative tone lately? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.