Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
8
       end
  

Archive 2013 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?
  
 
jcolwell
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #1 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


I'm with you, Ernie. At least, I'm doing my best. I've had my fair share of dust-ups on FM. I think that one time, I was very rude and later I realized that it was totally inappropriate. Wait, on second thought that can't be true, 'cause it would mean that I was wrong.

Anyway, I'm trying. Really.



Jan 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Ernie Aubert
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #2 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


I thought I was wrong once; but it turned out I wasn't...


Jan 23, 2013 at 11:21 PM
skibum5
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #3 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


Ralph Conway wrote:
If anybody tells me, he is unhappy because Canon, Nikon, Sony or any other manufacturer does not do their jobs correct, he/she should think about his/her life.


I don't recall anyone ever saying that. Plenty complain about not being happy with something Canon has done but I don't think you can read into that one way or the other. It could be as you say but it could as easily be the opposite, they are happy and don't have their happiness depend upon their equipment so they can face up to when it doesn't do something or other without getting depressed about it .



Jan 23, 2013 at 11:22 PM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #4 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


Too many bl**dy Canon shills on this forum, that's what the problem is.


Jan 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM
n0b0
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #5 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


saneproduction wrote:
Seems like a lot of venom and snarkiness in some of the posts lately. Do you guys and gals feel the same way or is it about the same and I am just noticing it more? Is there anything we can do to get things back in line?


It's always been like that. Just like any other community, that's what happens when you go against the flow. Add the fact that people here are quite anal about stuff. The age bracket is also a bit high so the "old dog new tricks" saying applies as well.



Jan 23, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Jeff Nolten
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #6 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


Ralph Conway wrote:
If anybody tells me, he is unhappy because Canon, Nikon, Sony or any other manufacturer does not do their jobs correct, he/she should think about his/her life.


skibum5 wrote:
I don't recall anyone ever saying that....


I respectfully disagree. I remember plenty of comments along the line of "Canon is deliberately screwing us by not offering Nikon's dynamic range." etc. Or "Canon is deliberately crippling their #D# because ..." Not useful, and almost as annoying as someone assassinating another's character because of a lens opinion.

n0b0 wrote:
It's always been like that.


Completely agree.

The age bracket is also a bit high so the "old dog new tricks" saying applies as well.

Now them's fightin' words! I may be an old ____ but I can ____ with the best of them!



Jan 24, 2013 at 01:56 AM
jcolwell
Online
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #7 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


Ernie Aubert wrote:
I thought I was wrong once; but it turned out I wasn't...


Know what you mean. The only time I was wrong, was when I thought I was mistaken.



Jan 24, 2013 at 02:27 AM
skibum5
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #8 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


Jeff Nolten wrote:
I respectfully disagree. I remember plenty of comments along the line of "Canon is deliberately screwing us by not offering Nikon's dynamic range." etc. Or "Canon is deliberately crippling their #D# because ..." Not useful, and almost as annoying as someone assassinating another's character because of a lens opinion.



Oh yeah sure lots of that, but not that they are personally unhappy with their lives because Canon didn't do their job correctly as they see it!

(I actually think it can be a bit useful, if maybe a bit annoying granted. People raised up a storm over AF in 5D2 and then it got 1 series AF, people went insane over lack of manual video control and they added it in; granted it usually doesn't work so well and it takes a total mega-storm to be raised for a long time; I hope the mega-storm over DR does wake them up before we get to the 5D4 or high MP small body cam.)



Jan 24, 2013 at 02:41 AM
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #9 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


A few years back the same question regarding negativity came up on a Spinal Cord Injury peer support site I've been a member of for many moons. Several of us older less-viral members and the moderators took this offline and ran some stats on those being reported on, and some negative wording searches.

In the end one member of this team ask the following,

"Why don't we all just speak from personal hands-on experience, write our response's to what we actually know, not from unproven opinion." -- Simon, from NZ

If we really take the time, relate our comments/questions to personal experience, the person that denies our 'actual truths' is only demonstrating their closed mind, lack of a specific experience, nothing more/less.

IMHO, the biggest problem with the 'negative tone' spoke of here, is that of personal validation. We are all looking to share, don't like being ignorant, so get over the fact that we don't know everything.

As with SCI, photography has nuance of condition and/or experience, and the depth or lack there of is vast, no one person experiences the same in anything.

And if I may, no one owes anyone anything...except a bit of respect...for this hobby, profession called photography. And these company's that provide us our tools deserve no less, they target groups with product, not the individual, the individual isn't the demographic that drives design or profit.

It's not personal it's just business...on a gear level. It's odd, seems we can post comment, opinion, praise and/or critique of an image in a friendly/respectful manner in the image specific forums but have such 'nasty' prose in the gear forums.

For flocks sake, get a punching bag or pillow out and beat the crap out of it, go into your wherever and scream it out...or, go shoot something; with your camera...please!

Older shooter signing off...need my rest...me legs are tired
Jerry

Edited on Jan 24, 2013 at 02:05 PM · View previous versions



Jan 24, 2013 at 03:16 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #10 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


Well written as usual, Jerry.......wisely well beyond your age.
I'd just like to add a bit of indigenous african wisdom: " The villagers shouted, and screamed, and beat their sticks and drums, and made all kinds of loud noises, yet the elephants calmly followed their own path."



Jan 24, 2013 at 03:47 AM
RobertLynn
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #11 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


While the regulars are stilla round, I definitely have noticed a change in the tone of the forums.

Beyond being busy as can be, it's one of the reasons I haven't been around as much.



Jan 24, 2013 at 03:52 AM
Jefferson
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #12 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


PetKal wrote:
Well written as usual, Jerry.......wisely well beyond your age.
I'd just like to add a bit of indigenous african wisdom: " The villagers shouted, and screamed, and beat their sticks and drums, and made all kinds of loud noises, yet the elephants calmly followed their own path."






Jan 24, 2013 at 04:10 AM
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #13 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


PetKal wrote:
Well written as usual, Jerry.......wisely well beyond your age.
I'd just like to add a bit of indigenous african wisdom: " The villagers shouted, and screamed, and beat their sticks and drums, and made all kinds of loud noises, yet the elephants calmly followed their own path."


Me thinks any wisedom held is yes of age...those thousands of years of truth the ocean holds and the humbling of self that was passed along when one waits for signs of that perfect tube/ride. In that salty waiting there be peace of a sort found, much like waiting for light for image...there is much magic/wounder to behold/enjoyed, outside the moment of capture.



Jan 24, 2013 at 04:24 AM
PetKal
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #14 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?





Jan 24, 2013 at 04:41 AM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #15 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


what the heck is wrong with you man? posting up such a negative query! Have a good day!


Jan 24, 2013 at 04:42 AM
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #16 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


a.RodriguezPix wrote:
what the heck is wrong with you man? posting up such a negative query! Have a good day!


If that quip be directed at moi a.Rod, tis just my wacky brain and a constant humming to 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason' that may be the culprit...or it could be me just talkin out me

A good day indeed...it was



Jan 24, 2013 at 05:39 AM
a.RodriguezPix
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #17 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


StillFingerz wrote:
If that quip be directed at moi a.Rod, tis just my wacky brain and a constant humming to 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason' that may be the culprit...or it could be me just talkin out me

A good day indeed...it was

Nah, not really directed at a anyone, it was meant as a double negative, i think, i didnt see nothing, plus just to add my 1 cent, I'd offer more, but, I'm poor! peace!

I cannot say that I do not disagree with you.
Read more at http://www.grammar-monster.com/glossary/double_negative.htm#7lHIhGh2rEkOPImZ.99



Jan 24, 2013 at 07:15 AM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #18 · Does this forum have a negative tone lately?


Its a pleasure to be here.
I met some people, who share or understand (I guess) my sense of humor at least.
And some I feel comfortable to be in contact with. I did not expect this. I am old and wise and a leader type of man

"Mordor, is it left or right, Gandalf?" - "Left side, Ralphi!"

Ralph



Jan 24, 2013 at 08:03 AM
1       2       3              7      
8
       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
8
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password