Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11292558 « What do you use to view JPEGs? »

Bifurcator
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: What do you use to view JPEGs?

I use Bridge to view beefy folders of any image type, ACR to view RAWs I might wanna edit, or PS to view just one or two images. If I\'m pretty sure I don\'t want to edit anything and only view them then I use the spacebar - which in OS X calls up ummm, Quick Look, i think it\'s called.

I guess Quick Look is the same functionality as Windows Live Gallery - if that\'s the one which comes with the OS. With QL however, you add just about any functionality you like to it. Copy to / Move to folder, rotate, create alias, duplicate, print, open with, sort by EXIF item, rate/label, and so on. QL can view all image types AFAIK, I use it with RAW, TIFF, GIF, PNG, Jpg, PDFs, Videos, MP3, wav, test files, web links, and so on... You can also get set the spacebar to auto open other apps if you like - such as \"Preview\" which has cropping, color balancing, sharpening, exposure comp, contrast, Highlights/Shadows, some simple painting tools built in, text tools such as speech bubbles or text boxes, assign color profiles, and so on and so forth... Both these systems are also integrated with each other and come free in OS X

I\'ve long since stopped using downloadable \"previewers\" as they don\'t offer anything over the OS itself and often cause more trouble than I care to deal with.

Here\'s some screenies uv\'em;

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:18 AM
Bifurcator

I use Bridge to view beefy folders of any image type, ACR to view RAWs I might wanna edit, or PS to view just one or two images. If I\'m pretty sure I don\'t want to edit anything and only view them then I use the spacebar - which in OS X calls up ummm, Quick Look, i think it\'s called.

I guess Quick Look is the same functionality as Windows Live Gallery - if that\'s the one which comes with the OS. With QL however, you add just about any functionality you like to it. Copy to / Move to folder, rotate, create alias, duplicate, print, open with, sort by EXIF item, rate/label, and so on. QL can view all image types AFAIK, I use it with RAW, TIFF, GIF, PNG, Jpg, PDFs, Videos, MP3, wav, test files, web links, and so on... You can also get set the spacebar to auto open other apps if you like - such as \"Preview\" which has cropping, color balancing, sharpening, exposure comp, contrast, Highlights/Shadows, some simple painting tools built in, text tools such as speech bubbles or text boxes, assign color profiles, and so on and so forth... Both these systems are also integrated with each other and come free in OS X

I\'ve long since stopped using downloadable \"previewers\" as they don\'t offer anything over the OS itself and often cause more trouble than I care to deal with.

Here\'s some screenies uv\'em;

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:17 AM
Bifurcator

Here\'s QL showing this very page;

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:05 AM
Bifurcator

I guess Quick Look is the same functionality as Windows Live Gallery - if that\'s the one which comes with the OS. With QL however, you add just about any functionality you like to it. Copy to / Move to folder, rotate, create alias, duplicate, print, open with, sort by EXIF item, rate/label, and so on. QL can view all image types AFAIK, I use it with RAW, TIFF, GIF, PNG, Jpg, PDFs, Videos, MP3, wav, test files, web links, and so on... You can also get set the spacebar to auto open other apps if you like - such as \"Preview\" which has cropping, color balancing, sharpening, exposure comp, contrast, Highlights/Shadows, some simple painting tools built in, and text tools such as speech bubbles or text boxes. And so on and so forth... Both these systems are also integrated with each other and come free in OS X

Jan 23, 2013 at 03:00 AM
Bifurcator

I guess Quick Look is the same functionality as Windows Live Gallery. With QL however, you add just about any functionality you like to it. Copy to / Move to folder, rotate, create alias, duplicate, print, open with, sort by EXIF item, rate/label, and so on. QL can view all image types AFAIK, I use it with RAW, TIFF, GIF, PNG, Jpg, PDFs, Videos, MP3, wav, test files, web links, and so on... You can also get set the spacebar to auto open other apps if you like - such as \"Preview\" which has cropping, color balancing, sharpening, exposure comp, contrast, Highlights/Shadows, some simple painting tools built in, and text tools such as speech bubbles or text boxes. And so on and so forth... Both these systems are also integrated with each other and come free in OS X

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:59 AM
Bifurcator

I guess Quick Look is the same functionality as Windows Live Gallery. With QL however, you add just about any functionality you like to it. Copy to / Move to folder, rotate, create alias, duplicate, print, open with, sort by EXIF item, rate/label, and so on. QL can view all image types AFAIK, I use it with RAW, TIFF, GIF, PNG, Jpg, PDFs, Videos, MP3, wav, test files, web links, and so on... You can also get set the spacebar to auto open other apps if you like - such as \"Preview\" which has cropping, color balancing, sharpening, exposure comp, contrast, Highlights/Shadows, some simple painting tools built in, and text tools such as speech bubbles or text boxes. And so on and so forth...

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:58 AM
Bifurcator

I guess Quick Look is the same functionality as Windows Live Gallery. With QL however, you add just about any functionality you like to it. Copy to / Move to folder, rotate, create alias, duplicate, print, open with, sort by EXIF item, rate/label, and so on. QL can view all image types AFAIK, I use it with RAW, TIFF, GIF, PNG, Jpg, PDFs, Videos, MP3, wav, test files, web links, and so on...

Jan 23, 2013 at 02:34 AM

Previous versions of Bifurcator's message #11292558 « What do you use to view JPEGs? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.