Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Lil Judd's message #11291262 « Final Thoughts - Golden Light, Whites - PP Woos..... »

Lil Judd
Upload & Sell: Off
Golden Light, Whites - PP Woos.....

Adhering to the forum's one rule "FM Forum Rules Rules: One new topic per day" I'm today dedicating my one post to Post Processing Woos.... Since I'm suffering from horrible Vertigo I can't go anywhere really & I can't ride my horse. I'm bored stiff.

Now I don't consider myself up to par with people like Chad, Tim, Socrate & many others, but I think I do ok. But like all of us, I run into dilemmas every now & then. Mainly with Golden Light & the post processing tools I've been taught. They seem to at times conflict Ah well

Now let me start by explaining - - I firmly believe in setting Black & White Points - I can't stand digital haze. I also can't stand Noise. And I also firmly believe in The Photographer's Artistic Creative View of a shot. I wanted to become a Cinematographer after all.....

That written - - here I will present 3 photos taken at different times by me. The processing will differ in a few different ways of each shot. The question - - which processing is most appealing? Well it will be individual of that I'm sure. I won't tell to start with what I've done to the different photos. I will tell when I'm ready to Author's prerogative But I will let you all know - in time.

Chad & I have communicated in PMs regarding his Chad Action & his creative view. To quote Chad's final comments "the action accounts RGB values from 250 to 255 and highlights them in RED, same for the Deeps in BLUE of 0-5" and "I feel it helps show more of a range, its hard to see detail in anything over 250 in the lights or under 5 in the deeps, anything in between is perfect "

Now I was taught anything in between 0-255 in the Histogram is fine. So, just different "schools of thought" - - so here's my photos. One you already know - from the Old Man & the Sea series They're all shot late afternoon, not necessarily Golden Light, but at least starting...

I hope this will amuse you all

P.S. I should probably mention that it will probably be easier to see the differences in a darker room

Lil

And one from yesterday - Ross was sweet enough to drive me & go with me out for a few hours so I got out of the house....

and finally - - just for fun. This is a shot I took the day I went out with Stephen & photographed Cormorants. If I'd set Black & White Points or done Black recovery - It would not look like this. But this is the way I like it - Artistic Creative Free licensing

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Lil Judd

Adhering to the forum's one rule "FM Forum Rules Rules: One new topic per day" I'm today dedicating my one post to Post Processing Woos.... Since I'm suffering from horrible Vertigo I can't go anywhere really & I can't ride my horse. I'm bored stiff.

Now I don't consider myself up to par with people like Chad, Tim, Socrate & many others, but I think I do ok. But like all of us, I run into dilemmas every now & then. Mainly with Golden Light & the post processing tools I've been taught. They seem to at times conflict Ah well

Now let me start by explaining - - I firmly believe in setting Black & White Points - I can't stand digital haze. I also can't stand Noise. And I also firmly believe in The Photographer's Artistic Creative View of a shot. I wanted to become a Cinematographer after all.....

That written - - here I will present 3 photos taken at different times by me. The processing will differ in a few different ways of each shot. The question - - which processing is most appealing? Well it will be individual of that I'm sure. I won't tell to start with what I've done to the different photos. I will tell when I'm ready to Author's prerogative But I will let you all know - in time.

Chad & I have communicated in PMs regarding his Chad Action & his creative view. To quote Chad's final comments "the action accounts RGB values from 250 to 255 and highlights them in RED, same for the Deeps in BLUE of 0-5" and "I feel it helps show more of a range, its hard to see detail in anything over 250 in the lights or under 5 in the deeps, anything in between is perfect "

Now I was taught anything in between 0-255 in the Histogram is fine. So, just different "schools of thought" - - so here's my photos. One you already know - from the Old Man & the Sea series They're all shot late afternoon, not necessarily Golden Light, but at least starting...

P.S. I should probably mention that it will probably be easier to see the differences in a darker room

Lil

And one from yesterday - Ross was sweet enough to drive me & go with me out for a few hours so I got out of the house....

and finally - - just for fun. This is a shot I took the day I went out with Stephen & photographed Cormorants. If I'd set Black & White Points or done Black recovery - It would not look like this. But this is the way I like it - Artistic Creative Free licensing

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Lil Judd

P.S. I should probably mention that it will probably be easier to se the differences in a darker room

Lil

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Lil Judd

Lil

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Previous versions of Lil Judd's message #11291262 « Final Thoughts - Golden Light, Whites - PP Woos..... »