Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11278388 « 5D Mk III BIF settings »

gdanmitchell
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 5D Mk III BIF settings

marko1953 wrote:
What a waste of a post, nothing to do with the OP question about AF on the 5D 3, did you get it? AF on the 5D 3.
How do you think posting "what I use on the 5D 2" would possibly help the OP's question?
Amazed.

Thanks for venting...

I posted that after seeing that a full week has passed after the OP asked the question without a single reply and that he had returned with the second "bump" post in an attempt to get some response. I thought that perhaps it would be useful to share what I do know in the absence of any information from anyone who owns the 5D3.

I think that provided two kinds of value:

1. A good number of the decisions about how to set up a camera for BIF are camera-independent. In other words, the basic concepts that apply on a 5D2 (or other DSLR) can also be usefully applied on the 5D3.

2. After I posted my reply, a lot of other forum members saw the post and did chime in with information specific to the 5D3.

Your "didn't you get it? AF on the 5D 3" rant is a way off track. I did get it, which is why I began my post with:

gdanmitchell wrote:
I do not have a 5D3, but since no one has replied I'll at least tell you what I use on a 5D2. I may mention a bit more than just AF settings.

Now, as to your "offering," first you stepped into a situation that you clearly don't understand and second you have offered nothing that could possibly be of any value to the OP. I've got a hunch that the OP just might have found a bit more value in what I wrote than in your bad-tempered bleating.

Dan

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:35 AM
gdanmitchell

marko1953 wrote:
What a waste of a post, nothing to do with the OP question about AF on the 5D 3, did you get it? AF on the 5D 3.
How do you think posting "what I use on the 5D 2" would possibly help the OP's question?
Amazed.

Thanks for venting...

I posted that after seeing that a full week has passed after the OP asked the question without a single reply and that he had returned with the second "bump" post in an attempt to get some response. I thought that perhaps it would be useful to share what I do know in the absence of any information from anyone who owns the 5D3.

1. A good number of the decisions about how to set up a camera for BIF are camera-independent. In other words, the basic concepts that apply on a 5D2 (or other DSLR) can also be usefully applied on the 5D3.

2. After I posted my reply, a lot of other forum members saw the post and did chime in with information specific to the 5D3.

Your "didn't you get it? AF on the 5D 3" rant is a way off track. I did get it, which is why I began my post with:

gdanmitchell wrote:
I do not have a 5D3, but since no one has replied I'll at least tell you what I use on a 5D2. I may mention a bit more than just AF settings.

Now, as to your "offering," first you stepped into a situation that you clearly don't understand and second you have offered nothing that could possibly be of any value to the OP. I've got a hunch that the OP just might have found a bit more value in what I shared than in your bad-tempered bleating.

Dan

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:34 AM
gdanmitchell

marko1953 wrote:
Amazed.

Thanks for venting...

gdanmitchell wrote:
] do not have a 5D3, but since no one has replied I'll at least tell you what I use on a 5D2. I may mention a bit more than just AF settings.

Now, as to your "offering," first you stepped into a situation that you clearly don't understand and second you have offered nothing that could possibly be of any value to the OP. I've got a hunch that the OP just might have found a bit more value in what I shared than in your bad-tempered bleating.

Dan

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:34 AM
gdanmitchell

marko1953 wrote:
Amazed.

Thanks for venting...

gdanmitchell wrote:
[b]I do not have a 5D3, but since no one has replied I'll at least tell you what I use on a 5D2. I may mention a bit more than just AF settings.

Dan

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:33 AM
gdanmitchell

marko1953 wrote:
Amazed.

Thanks for venting...

gdanmitchell wrote:
[b]I do not have a 5D3, but since no one has replied I'll at least tell you what I use on a 5D2. I may mention a bit more than just AF settings.

Dan

Jan 18, 2013 at 01:09 AM

Previous versions of gdanmitchell's message #11278388 « 5D Mk III BIF settings »