Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11220447 « For play »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: For play

ben egbert wrote:
If not, I await the next full moon.

Or the next day ... or the day after that.

Since you are using the moon for your illumination only (behind you) and not as part of the subject matter to be captured, the difference in the illumination likely won\'t be sufficient to dynamically change the shot. I assume your exposure time will be maximum available without creating star trails for chosen focal length.

Granted there will be somewhat less illumination ( 99% - 96% ), but I think I\'d rather take the shot on the next day or the day after that ... rather than wait a full month (which might be cloud covered also). Besides, you\'ll still have the opportunity to go back a month later, only this time armed with the information from the \"day after full\" shot.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_moonill2.pl

Dec 2012
Day / % Illumiated

23 / 0.80
24 / 0.87
25 / 0.93
26 / 0.97
27 / 0.99
28 / 1.00
29 / 0.99
30 / 0.96
31 / 0.91

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM
RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Re: For play

ben egbert wrote:
If not, I await the next full moon.

Or the next day ... or the day after that.

Since you are using the moon for your illumination only (behind you) and not as part of the subject matter to be captured, the difference in the illumination likely won\'t be sufficient to dynamically change the shot. I assume your exposure time will be maximum available without creating star trails for chosen focal length.

Granted there will be somewhat less illumination ( 99% - 96% ), but I think I\'d rather take the shot on the next day or the day after that ... rather than wait a full month (which might be cloud covered also). Besides, you\'ll still have the opportunity to go back a month later, only this time armed with the information from the \"day after full\" shot.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_moonill2.pl

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #11220447 « For play »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.