Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of heikoM's message #11220285 « has B&W exclusively a chance on the market? »

heikoM
Upload & Sell: On
Re: has B&W exclusively a chance on the market?

good argumentation,

I think b&w in the presentation on a computerscreen is when vieved next to vibrant color often inferior. It is more subtle, needs often more time to resolve itīs message and layering. It is not as "loud" as color.

At least I need often a bit of time to accomodate to b&w, when I take my time and let the picture sette in it is much more powerful.

In my opinion a b&w image has the ability to preserve itīs magic for a longer time, Color images often start to bore me, the longer I watch them.

Not few of my favorite images went through the transition from color to b&w. First I was very happy with them, loved the color, the nice rendering of the color-tones and the mood. But the more often I saw them the more they lost their fascination. Once I converted them to b&w (with the addition of curves, grain etc) I again started to love them.

This happened with whole weddings. The link at the treat start (www.schmidt-weddingphoto.com/destination-wedding-black-and-white/) is such a wedding. First I had most of the pics in color. With time more images went b&w until at last I felt the few color pics left simply disturbing and I made the whole reportage b&w...
(This whole process was simply my own experimentation, the clients didnīt get involved)

If this makes any sense,

heiko

Dec 27, 2012 at 03:21 PM

Previous versions of heikoM's message #11220285 « has B&W exclusively a chance on the market? »