Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Breitling65's message #11213399 « 5d Mark II ... discontinued. »

Breitling65
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

gdanmitchell wrote:
M Lucca wrote:
Saw this over on POTN.

5d2 officially discontinued.

Say you will about the 5d2. Crappola AF being its main Achilles heel. But in my mind, it is the camera that kicked off the hdslr scene. Millions of awesome photos were taken by this camera. It remained the most popular camera for wedding/portrait crowd. The camera like it's predecessor, forced Nikon into playing catch-up with hdslr and high MP in a compact dslr

Good bye friend.

Its a fine camera, and provided a bigger increment of improvement over the previous model than the 5D3 has over the 5D2. It introduced a number of very useful features: 21MP sensor, video, live view, improved high ISO performance.

The supposed problems with camera - which, like all cameras falls short of divine perfection - have been greatly overrated.

I'm not at all surprised that it would be discontinued - fairly predictable given the time it was on the market, and the introduction of the 5D3 and the 6D. I'm not going to replace mine for either of those bodies, as competent as they are, and those who picked one up at the sell-off prices will enjoy a fine camera for a long time.

Dan

I own all 5d versions and mk2 was really improving is dust cleaning and af adjustments, anything else was minor or useless like video for example. I am in love with 5d classic IQ until now. Video is really different world to the most here, never been excited about and never will. My iphone takes great videos im my lame video opinion.

Dec 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Breitling65
Upload & Sell: On
Re: 5d Mark II ... discontinued.

gdanmitchell wrote:
M Lucca wrote:
Saw this over on POTN.

5d2 officially discontinued.

Say you will about the 5d2. Crappola AF being its main Achilles heel. But in my mind, it is the camera that kicked off the hdslr scene. Millions of awesome photos were taken by this camera. It remained the most popular camera for wedding/portrait crowd. The camera like it's predecessor, forced Nikon into playing catch-up with hdslr and high MP in a compact dslr

Good bye friend.

Its a fine camera, and provided a bigger increment of improvement over the previous model than the 5D3 has over the 5D2. It introduced a number of very useful features: 21MP sensor, video, live view, improved high ISO performance.

The supposed problems with camera - which, like all cameras falls short of divine perfection - have been greatly overrated.

I'm not at all surprised that it would be discontinued - fairly predictable given the time it was on the market, and the introduction of the 5D3 and the 6D. I'm not going to replace mine for either of those bodies, as competent as they are, and those who picked one up at the sell-off prices will enjoy a fine camera for a long time.

Dan

I own all 5d versions and mk2 was really improving dust cleaning and af adjustments, anything else was minor or useless like video for example. I am in love with 5d classic IQ until now. Video is really different world to the most here, never been excited about and never will. My iphone takes great videos im my lame video opinion.

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Previous versions of Breitling65's message #11213399 « 5d Mark II ... discontinued. »