Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of cogitech's message #11189715 « Rokinon 85mm F1.4 wide open shots? »

cogitech
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Rokinon 85mm F1.4 wide open shots?

Interesting. It seems you chose the EF for the shots you cannot get with the Rokinon, and I chose the Rokinon for the shots I cannot get with the EF. The difference is the criteria used to determine just what those shots in question are.

For me, it is impossible to take shots with the EF that I do with the Rokinon. It isn\'t a matter of any variables. It is simply impossible, because the EF cannot render the images that I envision. What I see, is not what I get.

For your consideration (you may need to scroll across for the EF);

You mentioned bokeh. That is a big part of it for me. I simply cannot accept the EF rendering. I shoot weddings with the Rokinon. If I had used the EF, I would have \"missed\" hundreds of excellent shots because whether they are in focus or not, the results are just not right for me or my customers.

By no means do I intend to infer that this should be an obvious or universal choice.

By the way, I have some crops of these shots which show how the Rokinon easily keeps up with the SSC Aspherical regarding sharpness, as well (which is more related to your original question).

Dec 13, 2012 at 07:49 PM

Previous versions of cogitech's message #11189715 « Rokinon 85mm F1.4 wide open shots? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.