Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of friscoron's message #11168229 « SF Academy of Art Homework: Self Portrait »

friscoron
Upload & Sell: On
Re: SF Academy of Art Homework: Self Portrait

This is just my opinion so take it as it is. Three self-portraits, all wildly different. Gives you quite a different look to work with. I wouldn\'t even doubt it if you said all three pics were of different ppl. So congrats on creating such different looks that the subject comes across so differently in each of them.

I like No. 1. I like what you did to the background. Lighting is very nice. I like this guy.

The guy in No. 2 just comes across as an @$$, someone you\'d expect to find in The Fight Club. Cigarette smoke for me works very effectively in tight shots, intimate shots. In this wider shot, I didn\'t even notice the cigarette had smoke until I saw that you mentioned it. I thought the cigarette was unlit. Crop really tight and you\'ll see how effective the cigarette smoke is -- at least, from the way I view it. So you did a great job creating a guy who could be in The Fight Club. The color toning works for that as well.

No. 3 is a bit wacky, a pretty intense self-portrait with an in-your-face look. I don\'t know that it works for me as a standalone, but it definitely captures your personality.

Overall, No. 1 is the only one that really works for me as a standalone but each are impressive in their own way. Congrats!

Dec 05, 2012 at 03:35 PM

Previous versions of friscoron's message #11168229 « SF Academy of Art Homework: Self Portrait »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.