Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Benjamin Hicks's message #11150501 « Lightroom 4.2 - Dual Core vs Quad Core? »

Benjamin Hicks
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Lightroom 4.2 - Dual Core vs Quad Core?

the quadcore i7 has hyperthreading which enables one virtual core per physical core = 8 cores (4 physical, 4 virtual). this isnt really crucial for lightroom editing, but if you decide to get into anything heavier (a lot of image processing for timelapses, etc) then those extra...\"6\" cores would come in handy (also more future proof). going from lightroom to photoshop will also be a snap. definitely get the SSD (i think they require it on that model) - this will make the biggest difference in your computing. you can also get a \"data-doubler\" which allows for two HDDs/SSDs in the mbp - but means you have to remove the dvd drive. who uses DVD\'s and CD\'s anyway?...oh yeah clients... but you can get an external burner for that!! with the 15\" retina you also get a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M - which when coupled with the intel 4000 graphics...performs quite swimmingly. might have been a bit jumbled - 2nd cup of coffee to start the day.

edit:

i guess i didn\'t really give an opinion...the i5 would work very well for you especially coupled with the SSD - but the i7 would last longer and be a bit quicker off the line.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Previous versions of Benjamin Hicks's message #11150501 « Lightroom 4.2 - Dual Core vs Quad Core? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.