Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Wahoowa's message #11118614 « What's your take on this lens? »

Wahoowa
Upload & Sell: Off
What's your take on this lens?

Al3xMac wrote:
So, since this is the first time Ive ever been a part of one of these online buyer forum complaints Im going to follow up on this thread so that its all laid out on the table... I beg Wahoowa not to start freaking out on me on this forum like you did over the phone. I hate coming across threads where the buyer and seller are bickering in front of everyone so someone can be declared the winner. Its childish and I won\'t take part of it.

When the buyer contacted me about the issue, I stated that the marks on the lens were definitely not scratches as I had inspected the lens before It left my possession and took pictures for the buyer to show that there were no marks or scratches. I have been buying and selling professionally, on forums, and on eBay for many many years and I have never had a problem such as this. I don\'t know about anyone else but when I inspect a lens I never fog it up. It just never crossed my mind. So when the issue was brought up to me, I assured the buyer that I did not know of the residue lines and to try the oil remover as I was quite positive it would remedy the lines.

After that, the buyer said that if the oil residue was not to come off would I stand behind my product and accept a return. Now, as many people have mentioned already in this thread, these lines are neither visible to the eye when looking through the lens (without fogging it up), while taking a picture, or while viewing the picture on a large screen. The lens that I sent him was my personal lens that I bought a little while back and throughout the time I have owned it, it has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. Very sharp, no scratches and no focus problems. I never fogged the lens up because there was no reason for me to think that there was anything on the lens that was deminishing the photo quality.

Again, I said to buy the oil remover and then if that didn\'t work we would talk. That should have been all I needed to say. As you can tell this buyer is very persistent in making his point so he kept texting and texting about what I would do for him and how I should stand behind what I sold and allow him to return the lens. I just don\'t have time to deal with someone making a big deal over \"what-if\'s\". The lens works perfectly, the images will be as good as they would on any other 24-70 so what else does he want? Thats like him saying that the lens came with a finger smudge on the lens and that if he can\'t get it all off to the point where the lens looks perfect again, he wants to return it.

I hope I\'m not the only one but when you buy a second hand lens, you have to know that someone else has been using it beforehand. If the lens had shown up and there was anything that I didn\'t describe that would effect the picture quality, then that is a valid complaint and I would take the lens back. But thats not the case here!

After all this, I apologized to the buyer for being short with him, I explained why I might have been quick to not want to deal with this today (a friend passed away this morning of a heart attack) and I even offered to pay for the residue oil remover kit. The answer I got back was \"Now that sounds better\". Sorry but that answer pissed me off and I don\'t owe you anything other than to send you an item as I described it. Thats exactly what you received; a working, sharp, scratch free Canon 24-70 F2.8 L lens.

That makes it sound like a different story, doesn\'t it?

Since when that I \"freaked\" out about it? Definitely not in the email or even after you refused to honor a return. I simply made a simple & polite request over the email. And your first response? It\'s \"my\" lens now. I could do whatever I wanted.

You did realize that I included the email and the screen capture of the text messages here, right?

Of course, I do understand it\'s a used lens. Not the first time I\'ve bought used lenses here. While there are members who believe it\'s a non-issue, there are those who believe it\'s an issue as well. This is not like some marks on the barrel.

Since you mentioned the \"sounds better\" comment, why don\'t you include the part of your comments that were uncalled for? Then, that would show why I made the \"That sounds better.\" remark. I\'m sorry to say that I have been completely honest and polite. I also tried to resolve the issue in good faith. But I didn\'t feel like I got the same thing in return.

And, lastly, this is the first time that you ever mentioned you would take the lens back and an apology.

P.S. If you\'d like, I could offer the rest if the text messages to fairly show how it went further. Fair?

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:32 AM

Previous versions of Wahoowa's message #11118614 « What's your take on this lens? »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.