Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11111726 « Westcott Apollo Bundle Holiday Promo Offer with 3 Apollo Softboxes »

BrianO
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Westcott Apollo Bundle Holiday Promo Offer with 3 Apollo Softboxes

buggz2k wrote: Seeking information from owners who have used these products.
In the video on the Westcott page link, the speedlight is waay OFF centered, it is almost at the top of the box. Certainly, this would cause uneven light ?

I guess the only recourse would be to point the speedlight downward into the box as far as possible? Aren\'t there better holding rigs that offset this correctly?

The off-center Speedlight isn\'t as much of a problem as one might imagine; a lot of the light is bounced around inside the box before coming out the front. Since angle of incidence equals angle of reflection, aiming the Speedlight down toward the center of the back wall would possibly make things worse, not better. (I haven\'t tried it, though; I\'m just speculating.)

Being nit-picky about such things, though, I wanted my Speedlite centered as much as possible, so I bouth the L-bracket that comes with the Mini-Apollo and adapted it to my 28-inch Apollo. I\'ve since shortened it so that the Speedlite fires from above the bar, but I don\'t have a recent photo. Here is an older one taken before I shortened it; it worked pretty well even then:

Nov 12, 2012 at 03:27 PM

Previous versions of BrianO's message #11111726 « Westcott Apollo Bundle Holiday Promo Offer with 3 Apollo Softboxes »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.