Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of thw2's message #11095154 « New Canon 35mm F2 IS and 24-70mm f/4L IS! »

thw2
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: New Canon 35mm F2 IS and 24-70mm f/4L IS!

adrianb wrote:
Aren\'t you guys tired of changing lenses? (I\'m not being ironic and i\'m referring to the fact that when you travel / work with many lenses you have to keep changing them back & forth from the body).

When you\'re coming back from a vacation or holiday or whatever, it\'s not like you\'re gonna need 20mp files sharp & crisp for the pixel peepers..... No,you\'re gonna come back with some nice pictures which you are gonna resize & then post to facebook,forums,web or whatever. You\'re not gonna make huge monster prints...

SO........why spend money on owning redundant lens combos ?

If I had a 24-105 F4L IS, this 24-70 f4L IS wouldn\'t interest me one bit.

I only shot a couple of pictures once with the 24-105 F4L IS, but to me this is a hard lens to beat, as a \'all round\' / \'vacation\' lens...coupled ,for low light situations,with a 50mm 1.4 or a 35mm f2.

You bring up some interesting points. I have a question for you... If all you need to do with your camera is to post vacation shots on facebook, then why use an expensive FF in the first place? Either an entry level APS-C camera, or the lightweight weather-sealed Olympus OMD + 12-50 lens (equivalent to 24-100 mm on FF), or the Sony RX100 will suffice. Why splurge on a heavy and expensive FF gear?

Nov 05, 2012 at 09:12 PM

Previous versions of thw2's message #11095154 « New Canon 35mm F2 IS and 24-70mm f/4L IS! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.